Snow!

xbl

37 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

The risk of life thing is absolutely true; if you act like a total moron.    
Like going on a 50-mile cycle, or swimming in the sea.  

Normal folk will get the beers in, crank up the heating, put on the very best of Duran Duran and enjoy a lamb hot pot with rustic bread.  

Dying in the cold or listening to Duran Duran?  Mmmm....

The roads into Fraserburgh are closed. Probably best to keep them that way,  just have to close in Peterhead now and society wins.  

What a c**t it was getting home from Aberdeen tonight, I stuck to the main roads and detoured past Fochabers. Moray council is far better than Aberdeen council at clearing the roads.

Doorbell rings. Greeted by group of teenage lads from the neighbouring - less salubrious - part of town armed with shovels, going door-to-door offering to clear paths 'n drives... for cash.

Not sure whether to salute their enterprise, or deplore the death of community spirit, tbh.

Doorbell rings. Greeted by group of teenage lads from the neighbouring - less salubrious - part of town armed with shovels, going door-to-door offering to clear paths 'n drives... for cash.

Not sure whether to salute their enterprise, or deplore the death of community spirit, tbh.

I say fair play to them for the initiative. Better than getting your windows pelted with snowballs like most kids do!

6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Good on them. How much were they asking? Getting a bit embarrassed that my neighbour gets up earlier than me and clears it. Still next to no snow in Inverness though.

I say fair play to them for the initiative. Better than getting your windows pelted with snowballs like most kids do!

That was one of the best things about the snow, pelting windows and buses and running away as a kid. Incredible times.

11 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Top Bois.  The winter equivalent of "watch yer motor, Mister?" 

Just now, welshbairn said:

Good on them. How much were they asking? Getting a bit embarrassed that my neighbour gets up earlier than me and clears it. Still next to no snow in Inverness though.

Didn't get that far - path and part of the drive already been cleared, and not bothered for getting into the back garden, so they were onto a lost cause and I bid them good day.

I'm assuming they'd a well-honed scheme of rates & bands depending on the scale, complexity and thoroughness of the task.

4 hours ago, Rugster said:

Yeah HSF mentioned that. It's faily blizzardy here (Invergordon) now. Further along towards Dornoch is treacherous going by some photos on Twitter etc.

Cambusavie white out and struie gates are shut according to fb!

Sledging went from being epic to tears and snotters cause it was cold!

1DC3CB1A-9418-48A3-8F98-6E8D319E4C86.jpeg

That was one of the best things about the snow, pelting windows and buses and running away as a kid. Incredible times.

Fantastic times mate. Pelting cars as well was brilliant. Usually ending with someone getting out their car and threatening to call the police.

I’d probably still pan some c***s house window in now and I’m in my mid twenties. Just to have that wee bit of adrenaline and nostalgia again.