Snow!

xbl

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

My local is closed. The pub has actually closed.

just-got-real.gif

Glasgow shut down by 6pm.

Spar, pubs the lot. Oh, yeah and all public transport links.

#tinpot

4 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

And f**k this "stay off the roads" shite, I pay my road tax!

Chap from Scottish Borders Council on Reporting Scotland the Bleeding Obvious there getting annoyed - as was Cameron Buittle - that there were cars driving on the A1, A68 and so on, despite the advice being to stay at home (while a stream of cars went up and down the road behind him including 1 that did a U-y at the top then came back down!).

It's a free country of course and it's only a warning, but it's also about non-essential travel.

Nurses, firemen, carers, certain retail staff - e.g. pharmacists - and so on have to get to work and not all will live within walking distance.

22 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

You can just make out my car on the front page pic of the BBC News site, stuck near Castlecary- #fame

And f**k this "stay off the roads" shite, I pay my road tax!

This one? Right then, square goes ya c**t.

_100221888_7ccc6c46-a96f-4cf4-9aa5-e4f73

Hearing others have Thundersnow and non-stop blizzards it looks like Edinburgh might have got off lightly so far. Other than some really heavy snow it's not been too bad. Roads are dead (although I think the bypass was it's usual shambles but that's a given). 

Should be interesting to see what happens overnight but at this minute i'd reckon hee-haw in the City, seems to be going around and hitting everywhere else