Snow!

xbl

Good.  

[emoji1] It’s normally a 1/2hr journey. That’s the point.

Us sevconians are (I think) allowed to eventually settle outside the city boundaries in our twilight years. But thanks for playing, etc...

And I don’t like that Humza chap I’m afraid. He comes across as a bit arrogant and deflectiony.
“It’s snowing, what are we to do?!” Err, maybe manage things a bit better?

I doubt anybody could justify the M80 being shut for 6 hours this afternoon. What? That no-one could foresee that HGVs couldn’t might have a bit of trouble making it up that hilly bit outside Haggs?!? Did their own red weather warning catch them by surprise?

5 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

emoji1.png It’s normally a 1/2hr journey. That’s the point.

Us sevconians are (I think) allowed to eventually settle outside the city boundaries in our twilight years. But thanks for playing, etc...

And I don’t like that Humza chap I’m afraid. He comes across as a bit arrogant and deflectiony.

I doubt anybody could justify the M80 being shut for 6 hours this afternoon. What? That no-one could foresee that HGVs couldn’t might have a bit of trouble making it up that hilly bit outside Haggs?!? Did their own red weather warning catch them by surprise?

How should they have prepared for this?

6 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

People were told not to travel. People were told not to travel. People were told not to travel.

And yes the red warning was a surprise. Do you follow the news at all?

Sitting in our hotel room in Dunfermline. We were meant to be going to a show at the Alhambra theatre, which was cancelled. A few pubs are open, but most of the shops closed quite early. Even the wetherspoons closed early.

11 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

What a fucking idiot. 

13 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Theres been nothing on the news and online for days about the forthcoming weather. I hope you get stuck in your car with only a bag of cheesy wotsits you fucking halfwit

How should they have prepared for this?

Hmm. A known sharp incline at a high point on the motorway. A wild idea - maybe grit it more regularly than the rest of the network?

The original point I was making was that the roads around Stirling (higher altitude still) were all clear suggests that someone’s not managing the motorway network (Government led contract) as well as the Trunk roads ( Council led).

8 minutes ago, philpy said:

Sitting in our hotel room in Dunfermline. We were meant to be going to a show at the Alhambra theatre, which was cancelled. A few pubs are open, but most of the shops closed quite early. Even the wetherspoons closed early.

Hope you're there for work rather than as a chosen holiday destination.

Edited by welshbairn

Hmm. A known sharp incline at a high point on the motorway. A wild idea - maybe grit it more regularly than the rest of the network?

The original point I was making was that the roads around Stirling (higher altitude still) were all clear suggests that someone’s not managing the motorway network (Government led contract) as well as the Trunk roads ( Council led).
And you know the gritters network do you?

Even if it was a mistake - how many tough inclines are there across the country? It only takes one to snarl up the whole thing.

People were told not to travel. People were told not to travel. People were told not to travel.
And yes the red warning was a surprise. Do you follow the news at all?

The Red warning was issued after most people had gone to work surely? And the HGV drivers that are on the road all week - they just park up for a couple of days, aye?

How many unknown sharp inclines are there on the motorway? I bet Gritty McGrittyFace is out searching for them. The idiots.