Snow!

xbl

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

You under-estimate how much we love being smug about snow. Anyways here is a picture from my office todayIMG_20190130_122228064.jpg

Don't take this personally but I'm seeing the top of this guy's head in the reflection. Sloth-Fratelli-490x312.jpg.56155ba1880dadf2550901d85f741370.jpg

Sloth? Is that you?

Light dusting of snow lying this morning. It has been snowing gently for the last 45 minutes, now stopped. Main roads look o.k. from where I'm sitting, anyway, but no doubt this will cause traffic CHAOS as motorists bravely battle ARCTIC conditions and have NIGHTMARE journeys to/from work.
The press are unbelievable these days in their search to over dramatise everything. The Evening Times yesterday were telling us that temperatures were "set to plummet to minus one." Seriously? That's just a standard winter temperature, nothing worth even reporting on.

First headline on the BBC breakfast news this morning. Cut to a boy standing at a salt distribution depot near Oldham -

BBC boy "how are things out there?"

Depot man "fine"

The end. BBC boy presumably raging at having to go to Oldham for absolutely f**k all.  

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
19 hours ago, senorsoupe said:
You under-estimate how much we love being smug about snow. Anyways here is a picture from my office todayIMG_20190130_122228064.jpg.9fbf4020fd7e02e46d2312b9bbcae429.jpg

Last years beast from the east wanked all over that

Fair, but the beast from the east was a one-off crazy storm, this is just an average Wednesday in January

5 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Fair, but the beast from the east was a one-off crazy storm, this is just an average Wednesday in January

Tbh it looks cool. Wee bit of fun sledging in the 'parking lot' before the monotonous, soul-sucking, irrelevant, wrist-slitting job that awaits.

1 hour ago, Slenderman said:

Tbh it looks cool. Wee bit of fun sledging in the 'parking lot' before the monotonous, soul-sucking, irrelevant, wrist-slitting job that awaits.

The thought crossed my mind, and the hill is getting better today as they are using diggers to push the snow farther back (and free up more parking spaces) which will make a bigger hill