Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Snap. Funny you should say that, I was going to ask in the Quick Questions topic what folk shout when their team scores. I do exactly the same as you. Since getting back I translated the word "goal" into German and Spanish and (I may be wrong) it appears they also shout "goal" when they score. I've never once shouted "goal" after a goal. Always a "yaaaaas" from me, well more like "yeeeaaaas" tbh. Bloody foreigners, can't even cheer properly :ph34r:

It's been so long that I've forgotten.

Always loved the cheer of foreign teams when they score but had no clue what the hell they were cheering when it sounded like 'oooooooow'. Was at a PSG game on Saturday and have since discovered they shout "but" (boooooot) which when translated into English means Goal.

A google search years ago would have gave me that information right enough, but it was good to find out at the game :lol:

You didn't do French at secondary school then? Finding rude sounding French words or translating swear words into French was all we did. Hence "but" appeared on the radar.

Always loved the cheer of foreign teams when they score but had no clue what the hell they were cheering when it sounded like 'oooooooow'. Was at a PSG game on Saturday and have since discovered they shout "but" (boooooot) which when translated into English means Goal.

A google search years ago would have gave me that information right enough, but it was good to find out at the game :lol:

No we don't. What we do say in France is "ouais" (ouaaaaaaais) which is (pretty much) the translation of "yaaaas". And I am watching PSG v Toulouse just now.

No idea what other Europeans say though :lol:

You didn't do French at secondary school then? Finding rude sounding French words or translating swear words into French was all we did. Hence "but" appeared on the radar.

The first thing I learnt was how to call my obese French teacher a fat b*****d.

Worth it.

No we don't. What we do say in France is "ouais" (ouaaaaaaais) which is (pretty much) the translation of "yaaaas". And I am watching PSG v Toulouse just now.

No idea what other Europeans say though :lol:

Really? But came up on the big screens and it certainly sounded like 'boooot'. Didn't sound like 'ouaaaaais'. Was more an 'oooooow' sound than an 'eeeeeeee' sound :lol:

If I was involved in setting up a clothing website, I'd put pictures of skinny girls in the 'plus size' section just for the lols. The seethe is quite glorious sometimes.

Only in Glasgow part 643: looks like someone’s chosen to be sick in a hopper full of Metros at Central Station.

Mmm...you can expect to see someone chucking up after a hard night in most city centres.

Now, taking a shite in a hopper full of Metros? That just screams Glasgow :P