Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I downloaded Duolingo last week to see if it would help improve my German. Having to go through all the very basic parts of it now while I catch up to the level I am at. Yesterday it taught me how to say "Your cow is pretty".

I was playing in a tournament in France in 2003 (?) and one of the boys on my team had passed higher German by 14 years old. We were sharing a hall with a Polish select and a German select. The laugh we got with him shouting "Ich behurtsse de mutters mitze kartse and dem Tisch!" was excellent, to the point that one day we got back from lunch and all our stuff had been robbed. :lol: My spelling might be quite off as I took French (and was shit at it) but it also got me two de-merits when I got back to high school from the Languages teacher.

I was playing in a tournament in France in 2003 (?) and one of the boys on my team had passed higher German by 14 years old. We were sharing a hall with a Polish select and a German select. The laugh we got with him shouting "Ich behurtsse de mutters mitze kartse and dem Tisch!" was excellent, to the point that one day we got back from lunch and all our stuff had been robbed. :lol: My spelling might be quite off as I took French (and was shit at it) but it also got me two de-merits when I got back to high school from the Languages teacher.

I can imagine the German lads were extremely upset at a 14 year old Scot for hurting their mothers pussycat on the table.

The Polish lads wouldn't have had a scooby what was being said mind you.

In the doctors waiting room now - elderly couple in corner to the right, about 4 ft away from me, young girl (late teens/early 20s) to my left, again about 4ft away.

Been here 5 mins and the old guy has already declared loudly to his compatriot that "the young girl over there looks affy worried" twice whilst they look at her and she does her best to pretend she can't hear them.

Awful.

In the doctors waiting room now - elderly couple in corner to the right, about 4 ft away from me, young girl (late teens/early 20s) to my left, again about 4ft away.

Been here 5 mins and the old guy has already declared loudly to his compatriot that "the young girl over there looks affy worried" twice whilst they look at her and she does her best to pretend she can't hear them.

Awful.

FFS he's got a camouflage jacket and Bluetooth earpiece.

100% BEAST.

http://news.stv.tv/east-central/1344803-hillwalker-who-was-missing-for-three-weeks-found-safe/

Hillwalker missing for 3 weeks found 'safe and well.'

How? I know "safe and well" is a pretty generic statement, but surely he was a little bit worse for wear than "safe and well." If someone went hillwalking and couldn't be found for 3 weeks, surely they're going to be at least a bit traumatised, weak or at least fucking hungry?

http://news.stv.tv/east-central/1344803-hillwalker-who-was-missing-for-three-weeks-found-safe/

Hillwalker missing for 3 weeks found 'safe and well.'

How? I know "safe and well" is a pretty generic statement, but surely he was a little bit worse for wear than "safe and well." If someone went hillwalking and couldn't be found for 3 weeks, surely they're going to be at least a bit traumatised, weak or at least fucking hungry?

Depends on how big the hill was.