Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Yeah it’s a 7. A friend of mine dropped his 6 down the toilet a few weeks ago and it was totally fucked.

As I said before I was playing a video and it never even stopped playing and it really appeared to have made no difference at all. I remember the Samsung galaxy had an advert when the phone was underwater for a while so it might be similar to that.

I’ve got an iPhone 7; they are water resistant though that was not a motivating factor for buying it.

When you drop them getting out of a taxi in Lanzarote the screen still cracks though.  :(

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’ve got an iPhone 7; they are water resistant though that was not a motivating factor for buying it.

When you drop them getting out of a taxi in Lanzarote the screen still cracks though.  :(

Would probably crack if you dropped it getting out of a taxi anywhere, to be fair. 

Yeah it’s a 7. A friend of mine dropped his 6 down the toilet a few weeks ago and it was totally fucked.

As I said before I was playing a video and it never even stopped playing and it really appeared to have made no difference at all. I remember the Samsung galaxy had an advert when the phone was underwater for a while so it might be similar to that.

That’s what I have now but the one that got dropped in the water tank was a 5. Was impressed it survived to be honest.

38 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Would probably crack if you dropped it getting out of a taxi anywhere, to be fair. 

It was only when it hit the tarmac that it cracked.

22 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

He just wants people to think he’s well off after complaining about paying £2.60 more for petrol in Dundee. 

Drove past the same petrol station on the way home today and the price had increased by 4p.  So my saving would have been 52p.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

It was only when it hit the tarmac that it cracked.

Drove past the same petrol station on the way home today and the price had increased by 4p.  So my saving would have been 52p.

Were you going to fill up in the future?

5 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

That’s what I have now but the one that got dropped in the water tank was a 5. Was impressed it survived to be honest.

I'd only had my iPhone 6 for a few weeks when it tried to commit suicide by jumping out of my hand and into a lake. Fortunately, it was right by the edge so I was able to fish it back out and wipe it dry on my t-shirt. Cleaned it with an alcohol swab when I got home and it's still going strong 2 years later.

Stopped smoking at 3pm today, using Nicorette inhalers. More than 5 hours without a smoke and not even bothered. The inhalers taste weird at first but they seem to be working. Would recommend if you're trying to stop but don't want to go the vape route. Tried stopping before cold turkey and was a raging mess in  an hour, but these really take the edge off.

11 minutes ago, WeWereThePeople said:

Stopped smoking at 3pm today, using Nicorette inhalers. More than 5 hours without a smoke and not even bothered. The inhalers taste weird at first but they seem to be working. Would recommend if you're trying to stop but don't want to go the vape route. Tried stopping before cold turkey and was a raging mess in  an hour, but these really take the edge off.

That’s me a week now without a fag, going down the vape route, been ok up to now

17 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

That’s me a week now without a fag, going down the vape route, been ok up to now

Good going. Tried the vape and couldn't go it. Theres no smoke from these inhalers so in that respect more discreet than vaping. They're free if you phone the smoking helpline, if you wanted to try them. You do have to go back weekly though, but they check your carbon monoxide levels etc.

2 minutes ago, WeWereThePeople said:

Good going. Tried the vape and couldn't go it. Theres no smoke from these inhalers so in that respect more discreet than vaping. They're free if you phone the smoking helpline, if you wanted to try them. You do have to go back weekly though, but they check your carbon monoxide levels etc.

Aye I’ve been down that road, stopped years ago with patches and gum. Quite enjoyed the smoking cessation clinic actually  :lol: happy with the vape with the arctic cherry flavour. Whatever’s best for you, good luck !

45 minutes ago, WeWereThePeople said:

31 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

^^^

But really

giphy (7).gif