Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

For breakfast today I had a bowl of avocado, sliced cherry tomatoes, spinach and two boiled eggs, topped with pumpkin seeds and olive oil.  Then I had a bowl of Greek yoghurt with blueberries and cinnamon.

Have you tried Almond butter Chris? Been having peanut butter with porridge in the morning but think it's making my acne worse so have had to cut it out, but porridge is so bland without peanut butter. Need to find a good alternative.

31 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Sitting in Krakow airport just now, reflecting on the day which was spent at Auschwitz. A truly horrific place, humanity at its worst.

Fair enough if folk want to visit such places.  Personally I can empathise with the horror than was perpetrated on Jews, and others, without putting myself through such an experience.

36 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Sitting in Krakow airport just now, reflecting on the day which was spent at Auschwitz. A truly horrific place, humanity at its worst.

A mate of mines son went there with John Swinney for a day trip.   

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Fair enough if folk want to visit such places.  Personally I can empathise with the horror than was perpetrated on Jews, and others, without putting myself through such an experience.

I went to Krakow but couldn't face going on a coach trip with people ticking off their list of "must do things to see in Krakow". Nothing against people doing it, just wasn't for me, I'd have to go alone with maybe a guide when it was empty I think.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I went to Krakow but couldn't face going on a coach trip with people ticking off their list of "must do things to see in Krakow". Nothing against people doing it, just wasn't for me, I'd have to go alone with maybe a guide when it was empty I think.

It was terrible when it was busy.

57 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Aye, I went to Bergen Belsen near Hannover some years ago when staying with some German friends,

It was a pretty unnerving experience, and it seemed that the very earth knew that something terrible had happened there.

Sometimes these mass standard emails from travel companies don't quite work:

Good morning, are you ready? We hope you’re looking forward to your trip to Halbeath Interchange. To make sure your journey is as stress free as possible, leave plenty of time to get to your pickup point in Aberdeen. 

To make the most of your stay in Halbeath Interchange click here to see a list of attractions and places to stay.

I hit a low point when I went on a tour around there (Auschwitz, not the airport) when we got shown the 'production line system' around the shower room and attached incinerator and accidentally thought "ah, that's quite clever actually!"... out loud.

13 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

I feel your pain, I did the Peterhead jail tour a few months ago.

Early parole?

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Sometimes these mass standard emails from travel companies don't quite work:

You can experience the delights of a big roundabout and a Frankie and Bennies. What else could you want?