Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I've just started reading a book on improving your memory. If anyone is going to the shops to get rice, sausages, wine, peas, cheese, eggs, chicken, bin bags, tin foil and washing powder and hasn't got anything to write a list on, give me a shout and I'll tell you how to remember it. 

I've just started reading a book on improving your memory. If anyone is going to the shops to get rice, sausages, wine, peas, cheese, eggs, chicken, bin bags, tin foil and washing powder and hasn't got anything to write a list on, give me a shout and I'll tell you how to remember it. 

Tasty dish. Some sort of mad Spanish Omelette?

16 hours ago, Dee Man said:

You forgot the milk.

Made a fish curry with boiled rice and garlic naan bread tonight for dinner. Absolutely sensational (even if I do say so myself), backed up by the wife promising to show her "full appreciation" later tonight. 

Spoiler

I suspect "full appreciation" will be her falling asleep and thus allowing me to watch the football in peace and quiet!

Made a fish curry with boiled rice and garlic naan bread tonight for dinner. Absolutely sensational (even if I do say so myself), backed up by the wife promising to show her "full appreciation" later tonight. 
Spoiler I suspect "full appreciation" will be her falling asleep and thus allowing me to watch the football in peace and quiet!

Recipe?

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
28 minutes ago, sjc said:
Spoiler I suspect "full appreciation" will be her falling asleep and thus allowing me to watch the football in peace and quiet!

Recipe?

Just kind of threw it together based on recipes I've seen Rick Stein doing......

Fry off a large onion (use a red onion as it's sweeter) until soft then add chopped garlic and tomatoes. continue to heat this until the tomatoes break down and form a "sauce". I then added garam masala, cumin, salt, pepper and some crushed ginger and stirred in whilst it continued to bubble away. A couple of dessert spoonfuls of tandoori paste was added and stirred in before removing from the heat to  add a couple of dessert spoonfuls of natural yoghurt and stir through. Put this back on the heat to then add the chunks of fish to gently cook in the curry with a lid on the pan.

I used a mixture of skinned and de-boned swordfish and red snapper fillets as it's readily available from the supermarkets here for making sushi but any flaky white fish that will hold its shape whilst cooking will do.

Loosely based on this recipe but unable to get hold of all these ingredients out here : https://indianhealthyrecipes.com/fish-curry-recipe/

Edited by sjc

2 hours ago, sjc said:

Just kind of threw it together based on recipes I've seen Rick Stein doing......

Fry off a large onion (use a red onion as it's sweeter) until soft then add chopped garlic and tomatoes. continue to heat this until the tomatoes break down and form a "sauce". I then added garam masala, cumin, salt, pepper and some crushed ginger and stirred in whilst it continued to bubble away. A couple of dessert spoonfuls of tandoori paste was added and stirred in before removing from the heat to  add a couple of dessert spoonfuls of natural yoghurt and stir through. Put this back on the heat to then add the chunks of fish to gently cook in the curry with a lid on the pan.

I used a mixture of skinned and de-boned swordfish and red snapper fillets as it's readily available from the supermarkets here for making sushi but any flaky white fish that will hold its shape whilst cooking will do.

Loosely based on this recipe but unable to get hold of all these ingredients out here : https://indianhealthyrecipes.com/fish-curry-recipe/

Let us know if you get your hole.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, MONKMAN said:
There’s a Norwegian guy at my work called Torn Bjelland. An outstanding name.

Please tell me its pronounced how I am hoping its pronounced?

It is indeed.