Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

There’s a general opinion that Glasgow has more jakey types than Edinburgh (probably does by population), but in Glasgow they seem to stick to certain shitey areas, whereas in Edinburgh they are everywhere - even the nice bits.

Had a guy come up to my car outside my flat earlier and hand me a card with a Priest’s number on it and ask me to phone as it was an emergency as he needed the guy to stop the helicopter above us from harassing him which it had apparently been doing for weeks. There was no helicopter, and I wasn’t getting my phone out so said no and he went a bit nuts before heading off to dive into the bins. Never got anything like that in years of living in Glasgow.

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

There’s a general opinion that Glasgow has more jakey types than Edinburgh (probably does by population), but in Glasgow they seem to stick to certain shitey areas, whereas in Edinburgh they are everywhere - even the nice bits.

Had a guy come up to my car outside my flat earlier and hand me a card with a Priest’s number on it and ask me to phone as it was an emergency as he needed the guy to stop the helicopter above us from harassing him which it had apparently been doing for weeks. There was no helicopter, and I wasn’t getting my phone out so said no and he went a bit nuts before heading off to dive into the bins. Never got anything like that in years of living in Glasgow.

Poor guy. What a c**t you really are..:P

43 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

call me a sick f**k but I'd  haves hown him a pic of the Leicester Helicopter crash and said "Sorted mate. Now f*ck off before you get yours". 

5 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Most likely an experimental theatre show, left over from the fringe

9 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If he was outside your flat how do you know they frequent the nice bits as well as the shitey areas?

4 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

Most likely an experimental theatre show, left over from the fringe

I think something like this might have happened to me, but couldn’t confirm whether the guy was a drugged up nutter or doing exactly as you say. Walking down George St and a guy strolls up and asks if I can tell him where he can find some beer, whilst holding a crate. I laugh it off and keep walking and he follows me getting more and more annoyed at the lack of response until finding another group to annoy. 

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

If he was outside your flat how do you know they frequent the nice bits as well as the shitey areas?

I live in an affluent, leafy section of Edinburgh, which is why it’s so annoying that junkie lunatics appear to stray into such areas in this city.

There are some strange crossovers between expensive areas and mad junkies in Edinburgh. When I first moved here we had a flat on the South side which has some very nice spots but also had loads and loads of jakeballs drinking cider in the street. When I lived at the top of Easter Road there were groups of junkies about the place and jakeballs sitting outside the public toilets in London Road gardens, that’s about fifty feet away from the most expensive street in Edinburgh.

The central area of Edinburgh is so small that people can wander/stumble about it quite easily whereas Glasgow is spread over a wider area, I think.

17 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I was walking to work in the rain this morning and a stranger (averagey looking cocktease) stopped to give me a lift into town.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

And?

"and the driver definitely didn't kill me, skin me and is now wearing my head as a hat whilst pretending to post as me on P&B.  I must go now as I've got a new job in the Brazilian rainforest and the mobile phone signal is a bit hit or miss"

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The central area of Edinburgh is so small that people can wander/stumble about it quite easily whereas Glasgow is spread over a wider area, I think.

What??

Try walking from Edinburgh Playhouse to the Kings Theatre when you realise you've turned up at the wrong venue for a gig then you'll realise just how small central Edinburgh really is.

18 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

What??

Try walking from Edinburgh Playhouse to the Kings Theatre when you realise you've turned up at the wrong venue for a gig then you'll realise just how small central Edinburgh really is.

If only there was some form of transportation that could take members of the public from one place to another...

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Around about South Bridge is always awash with scum, anyone who has got a bus from there to town must be aware of how cramped it is at the bus stops and people are always pushing to get through. There was a total degenerate hanging about there yesterday falling about the place, spitting on the ground and shouting expletives right in front of us when we were standing there waiting to get on the bus with a pram. My girlfriend ended up storming off to get away from him and I missed the first half of the Hearts Celtic game because of it.

Your dad is quite a character!