Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Aye, a desolate hill on the outskirts of Bathgate is where you should start married life. I've spent better nights in jail than at VU.

Don’t get me wrong it’s alright? But aye it’s ok the middle of West Lothian and literally near nothing, dreadful place to actually have a party after. Just my luck the last wedding I attended was there and so is the next one I’ll be going to!

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

My mate got married in a castle in the Edinburgh area. It was a cracking venue but I'll be fucked if I can remember the name of it. 

Beat that for a story. 

Was it this place?

edinburgh-castle-1.jpg

33 minutes ago, Kmeister said:

You know you are old when you walk through Waverley Station and see the plans they have for the future of the station and you realise that you will probably be dead before the work is finished!

A bit like most of us and when Hampden ever gets redeveloped.

10 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Looking at wedding venues and there’s a couple of front runners, one in Ayrshire and one Edinburgh. Keep getting these hints (usually from older people) that it should be in Ayrshire as it’s easier for guests and you can’t expect people to travel/stay over in an expensive hotel etc.

Personally I am leaning towards ‘guests can go f**k themselves’ if they’re going to complain about driving an hour and a half from Ayrshire ffs! What are people’s thoughts on this? Am I being the twat or is it everybody else?

I live in Edinburgh and am happy to stand in for any twats who can't come from Ayrshire if

1) there's a chance of getting fired in to a Bridesmaid

2) there's steak pie for tea

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I live in Edinburgh and am happy to stand in for any twats who can't come from Ayrshire if

Steak pie, the traditional wedding breakfast...if you're having it in the local bowling club. Served with Lambrusco, no doubt and apple pie and custard to follow.

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

There will be no steak pie anywhere near my wedding, sorry.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
11 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
There will be no steak pie anywhere near my wedding, sorry.

Disgrace

One thing I cannot stand is fussy eaters who can only eat bland meals like steak pie. If anyone complains about food they will be booted in the pie.

I was at a wedding in Shetland once and towards the end of the night, a waiter was dishing out Scotch Broth in polystyrene cups. I thought it was madness at the time.

Heaps of pished up Teuchters stripping the willow, stinking of soup.