Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

We should arrange a teetotal P&B subcrawl.

Can all attendees just transfer me your lunch money then wedgy yourselves rather than making me come all that way to do it?

I've not been wedgied since I was about 14 and things are going to stay that way. As the Sebu and the Dundee boys would say.. Thank You.

12 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

The wee fella has football at nine and when I get home I will give him the news that he will be going to his first Scottish Cup final.  Poor laddie.

Sadly can only see a big defeat on the way, thankfully the tickets are comps.

Sitting between Subo & Rod, what a day the boy will have.  

Who is he supporting?

The wee fella has football at nine and when I get home I will give him the news that he will be going to his first Scottish Cup final.  Poor laddie.
Sadly can only see a big defeat on the way, thankfully the tickets are comps.

Good luck today. Hope the wee man really enjoys the day out.

What a disgusting piece of work Natalie Portman.

I liked Moby’s passive aggressive instagram response
“Well fine, screw you I’m off to SAVE THE PLANET, at least the trees don’t judge me”

Hopefully the trees release a statement claiming Moby touched them inappropriately.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Young lad ( 7 year old ) seems to be doing well at football. Played a few games for under 9s as was player of year for under 7s. Has been fast tracked quite a bit.
Anyway rambling on but he has been getting looked at from Dundee United. Being that Dundee fan that I am and the club he plays for ( decent club set up in Dundee) I feel uneasy about it all.
An approach was made for him but been told i have until June to think about it and get back to them.
He is progressing well but is this a missed opportunity if I held him back?
He seems happy enough as he has made friends in the team ( school pals also ) and being good is helping his confidence not only as a player but as a person.

I'm saying this as someone who has never played football at any recognised level.

Signing for a real club sounds amazing for anyone, at any age. Especially someone so young and impressionable.  I would worry that signing would take the fun out of it for him though, it'd be more about pressure and feel more like school than it will now for him.

Also, I hope if your lad does sign he doesn't start thinking he's made it. Ask any top player, they will say they haven't done it all yet. 

22 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

He seems happy enough as he has made friends in the team ( school pals also ) and being good is helping his confidence not only as a player but as a person.

Think that's the main thing really, the lads happiness. If he expresses a desire to go and play with United, then let him do so. 

When I was growing up, I played with two professional teams, at first from 9-14 and then moved onto another from 14-17, and I fucking detested it in comparison to playing with my mates at school. Far too regimented, and a real lack of "fun". Sure things have changed massively now though. 

I don't think you're holding him back from anything , he's only 7, you might find in a few years he hates football (supporting Dundee will fast track that). If he does enjoy it, and sticks in with it though, he will have lots more opportunities. 

Young lad ( 7 year old ) seems to be doing well at football. Played a few games for under 9s as was player of year for under 7s. Has been fast tracked quite a bit.
Anyway rambling on but he has been getting looked at from Dundee United. Being that Dundee fan that I am and the club he plays for ( decent club set up in Dundee) I feel uneasy about it all.
An approach was made for him but been told i have until June to think about it and get back to them.

I know a few people who have kids at Dundee Utd at various levels and they all say the set up and way the boys are looked after is top drawer. My problem is the whole Pro-youth system is, in my opinion, a lot of bollocks. At seven though I’d let him have a go at it because he can always go back the way.

Only thing that would make me think he might be better at Utd than with his mates is playing with the U9s. He might enjoy and benefit more from playing with kids at a similar level and his own age.

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Just heard, Nicola Currie on the radio explain that she's 8st 2lbs, doesn't sweat much and gets all the good rides.

55169-medium.jpeg

Elvis Costello looks pleased.