Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, Empty It said:
4 hours ago, Monday 13th July said:
He was just injecting a little bit of humour.    Now f**k off back to your Gorgie slums.   

I live in East Lothian, not Gorgie nice try though.

So you're a glory-hunt - no, wait...

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Snoop around in my house, make sure I'm not watching live tv. 

FFS, are they still doing the rounds? I hope you told them to GTF unless they had a warrant. 

Can you not tell them you revoke their assumed right of access or something along those lines which in turn means they'd be trespassing as soon as they enter your garden.

no such thing as trespassing in Scotland.
Just get a smart telly and some streaming services & notify them, I've (legally) not paid a TV license in years. The only thing I'd want to watch live is football and I can go to the pub for that.
How would one go about this?

I was always under the impression that if you had any device that could stream live TV you would need a licence

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Just get a smart telly and some streaming services & notify them, I've (legally) not paid a TV license in years. The only thing I'd want to watch live is football and I can go to the pub for that.

Is there any way they could tell if you've watched the football - as in do you need to actively avoid it and go to the pub or could you just watch it and claim you don't? 

2 hours ago, Empty It said:
3 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Can you not tell them you revoke their assumed right of access or something along those lines which in turn means they'd be trespassing as soon as they enter your garden.

I don't answer the door.

Thank you.

I've just somehow managed to completely rip off half of my big toe nail horizontally without actually taking the bed off with it. It's tender to touch but there no blood and still a slight level of protection. 

I do this quite often but never this far down. I might need to make a doctors appointment about this. 

@Tynierose.. Any suggestions?

I will not be Philpy'ing and uploading photos at this time. 

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Not true. It’s a civil rather than criminal offence but there very definitely is a law of trespass in Scotland dating from 1865. Right to roam does not extend to gardens and various other defined places under 2003 land reform legislation and if you tried to access these places without permission you would be trespassing and could be asked to leave. If you refuse to leave, the civil court could issue an interdict and ultimately if you defied the court interdict you would eventually be committing a criminal offence. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've just somehow managed to completely rip off half of my big toe nail horizontally without actually taking the bed off with it. It's tender to touch but there no blood and still a slight level of protection. 

I do this quite often but never this far down. I might need to make a doctors appointment about this. 

@Tynierose.. Any suggestions?

I will not be Philpy'ing and uploading photos at this time. 

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Could soak it in Iodine to reduce risk of infection, dettol will do.

Just leave it and see how it goes.

Tynie Shipman will know what he’s talking about but as a lay person who has frequently mangled big toes/toenails..

I tend to wrap them up with kitchen roll and masking tape. The kitchen roll folded a few times and wrapped round the whole toe then loads of masking tape to hold it in place to make  protective cocoon. Soaks you’re blood and pus, can breathe a little bit and can still get shoes on. Helps with the pain at night too. 

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Tynie Shipman will know what he’s talking about but as a lay person who has frequently mangled big toes/toenails..

I tend to wrap them up with kitchen roll and masking tape. The kitchen roll folded a few times and wrapped round the whole toe then loads of masking tape to hold it in place to make  protective cocoon. Soaks you’re blood and pus, can breathe a little bit and can still get shoes on. Helps with the pain at night too. 

^^^^^^Just to be on the safe side.

See the source image