Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I don’t know if I want to go back and watch Scary Movie because I like to think they were better than this but maybe they weren’t?

I saw this because people I know were chatting about it and linked to this:

"Isn’t it massive consumer fraud to charge $10.50 for a barely hour-long movie? Perhaps, but it would’ve been unforgivable to make Meet the Spartans any longer than an hour. This was the worst movie I’ve ever seen, so bad that I hesitate to label it a “movie” and thus reflect shame upon the entire medium of film. Friedberg and Seltzer do not practice the same craft as P.T. Anderson, David Cronenberg, Michael Bay, Kevin Costner, The Zucker brothers, the Wayans Brothers, Uwe Boll, any dad who takes shaky home movies on a camping trip, or a bear who turns on a video camera by accident while trying to eat it. They are not filmmakers. They are evildoers, charlatans, symbols of Western civilization's decline under the weight of too many pop culture references".

And if anything it’s too kind to this movie.
When you are deemed worse than ewe boll then you know its time to retire.
For those who don't know him, there was a petition to get him to stop making movies as they were frankly that bad

When you are deemed worse than ewe boll then you know its time to retire.
For those who don't know him, there was a petition to get him to stop making movies as they were frankly that bad

He was the game adaptations guy right? I mind him boxing some of his critics as well.

Got asked by a couple of girls earlier to buy them booze. I’d never have placed them as being under 18 but they said they were 17. Felt a bit mean and a hypocrite saying no to them but they soon managed to bribe a(nother) semi-jaikey into buying them a couple of half bottles. 

Got asked by a couple of girls earlier to buy them booze. I’d never have placed them as being under 18 but they said they were 17. Felt a bit mean and a hypocrite saying no to them but they soon managed to bribe a(nother) semi-jaikey into buying them a couple of half bottles. 
^^^ 31 year old former Everton player

Had that a couple of times and my response is normally "sorry guys, I've been busted doing that in the past".

6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

This is an unbelievable story about how German youth services deliberately placed vulnerable young boys in the care of paedophiles. This wasn’t a hundred years ago, it was happening in the 21st century.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/07/26/the-german-experiment-that-placed-foster-children-with-pedophiles

That was rather enthralling, quite well written as well. Although at times almost comes across empathetic towards Kentler and his state sponsored paedophile ring. 

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
32 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Had that a couple of times and my response is normally "sorry guys, I've been busted doing that in the past".

Or better still, "Sorry, its not worth going back inside for"

24 minutes ago, 101 said:

Or better still, "Sorry, its not worth going back inside for"

I’ve got them in the back of the van anyway to teach them a valuable lesson about not talking to strangers and about the evils of alcohol.

10 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I’ve got them in the back of the van anyway to teach them a valuable lesson about not talking to strangers and about the evils of alcohol.

You won't have any turps left either so not all plain sailing.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

^^^ 31 year old former Everton player

Everton?

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

I tell them that I don’t have any ID on me so would be refused as I look too young.

50 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I tell them that I don’t have any ID on me so would be refused as I look too young.

In Dunfermline, an old boy who looked like a cross between Bill Oddie and Spike Milligan would come out of his shop opposite the police station and ask us (we were about 14) if we wanted to buy booze. You don’t get customer service like that these days. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

In Dunfermline, an old boy who looked like a cross between Bill Oddie and Spike Milligan would come out of his shop opposite the police station and ask us (we were about 14) if we wanted to buy booze. You don’t get customer service like that these days. 

I wouldn’t go anywhere near a guy who fitted that description.

Spoiler

And no, I look nothing like that!

Aye we had a regular jakey, used to go to his door and he'd get you drink if you bought him a ten deck of JPS or a bottle of frosty jacks, Jaego what a guy.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

"Tip top, busted", what is wrong with you?

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The Prague tram webcam.

Not a passenger tram but a unit which sprays lubricant onto the tracks to allow the trams to run smoothly.

The webcam runs 24 hours.

https://worldcams.tv/czech-republic/prague/tram

Did you get waylaid while googling "Czech webcam lube"?