Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

An armed man has taken an employee of the Apple store in Amsterdam hostage, Leidseplein is completely shut off and armed police have surrounded the building, he's asking for 2 million in bitcoin, I'm no expert when it comes to cryptocurrency but surely in order to meet his request they'll need some of his details or is it possible to get a big bag of bitcoin?

25 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

An armed man has taken an employee of the Apple store in Amsterdam hostage, Leidseplein is completely shut off and armed police have surrounded the building, he's asking for 2 million in bitcoin, I'm no expert when it comes to cryptocurrency but surely in order to meet his request they'll need some of his details or is it possible to get a big bag of bitcoin?

I read a story about a guy getting something like 6 years for a whole load of defrauding etc. The only thing he was left with was his bitcoin. They couldn't get into it and what was worth something like £50k upon sentencing was multiple millions upon release. 

Maybe this guy is hoping for the same outcome. 

14 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I read a story about a guy getting something like 6 years for a whole load of defrauding etc. The only thing he was left with was his bitcoin. They couldn't get into it and what was worth something like £50k upon sentencing was multiple millions upon release. 

Maybe this guy is hoping for the same outcome. 

It didn't quite go to plan for the hostage taker, after a 5 hour stand off, during which he sent photos to the local TV station of him wearing what appeared to be a bomb vest, footage emerged of the hostage and the hostage taker running out the building the hostage runs to safety and the hostage taker is hit by an unmarked police car, you then see lasers from armed police weapons trained on his body then a robot approaches to check the bomb vest, quite an exciting Tuesday evening and I learned a new Dutch word - gijzelnemer which means hostage taker, he survived the impact and is currently in hospital.

He wanted bitcoin but ended up in bits.

Edited by stevieKTID

1 hour ago, stevieKTID said:

It didn't quite go to plan for the hostage taker, after a 5 hour stand off, during which he sent photos to the local TV station of him wearing what appeared to be a bomb vest, footage emerged of the hostage and the hostage taker running out the building the hostage runs to safety and the hostage taker is hit by an unmarked police car, you then see lasers from armed police weapons trained on his body then a robot approaches to check the bomb vest, quite an exciting Tuesday evening and I learned a new Dutch word - gijzelnemer which means hostage taker, he survived the impact and is currently in hospital.

He wanted bitcoin but ended up in bits.

What kind of robot?

45 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Cinderella must have had very oddly shaped feet if nobody else could fit her slipper. I'm beginning to doubt if she was even that hot.

Her 'Sisters' are men in drag so their feet widnae fit.

Mind you, I read something ages ago (and the press never tell lies..) that said Britt Eckland had size 11 feet. 

12 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Wollongong, Williegone more like.

18 minutes ago, Eednud said:

After cutting it off, he put it in a nearby drawer before calling for help.

Partridge Cloud | things have to be compartmentalised, alan. for example,  in this drawer you...

16 hours ago, Eednud said:

Story about Wollongong (NSW beach?).

My father had been in hospital for about 6 months after breaking his back from 2 story fall.

As it was a great occasion, we went to the beach. He could hardly walk, so helped him onto the beach and brought big bean bags with us.  He was very comfortable. After a while, my Mum and all her kids, went for a walk up the road and into some shops. Came back to the beach to see my Dad fried with sunburn. (He couldn't move to get the factor which was about 2m from his hand).

Took his mind off the bad back for a few days at least. 

Edited by SlipperyP