Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Shamefully I used to quite enjoy English's podcasts. It was the exact same questions to the guests but he's dredging the barrel nowadays and boys on it are clearly fantasists nowadays. One come on last night on autoplay and I got about three minutes in and he started going on about ending up in a "fucking gay club, man. It was an absolute sausage fest" and that was that. Goodbye James.

Unfollow.

Edited by Derry Alli

Replying to somebody on another thread just brought back a memory from yesterday. Got out the work van and my backs fucked so boy I work with stormed off into the lead. Got into the companies workshop and some wee older woman come to reception. He'd just had a joint and he's not the most comfortable speaking to clients at the best of times.

"And what is it you're here to do?"

"We're here to look at your back door!"

Gone. I was on the couch fucking howling. Wee old woman gave it the eyebrows and played along.

Good times.

11 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

It was antifreeze. And apparently everyone knows the culprit. But we can't prove it, other than catching him in the act, which is unlikely. It's funny how people see things differently - I never liked the culprit, he was always too smarmy. However, my wife's niece and her husband - who live next door - couldn't believe it was him (because he is a neighbour and they know him much better than we do). They thought it was one of our neighbours - which we thought was equally ludicrous, as we know him.

Anyway, the goodish news is we're back up to 4 cats again. Our 2 old ones  (who took the huff when the 2 who were poisoned arrived, and only came back for feeding now and again, but are again regulars) + a feral stray that we've managed to entice to getting fed here + another kitten from stepdaughter nr 3 which hasn't been let out yet.

the cat killer is a bird watcher?

13 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

It was antifreeze. And apparently everyone knows the culprit. But we can't prove it, other than catching him in the act, which is unlikely. It's funny how people see things differently - I never liked the culprit, he was always too smarmy. However, my wife's niece and her husband - who live next door - couldn't believe it was him (because he is a neighbour and they know him much better than we do). They thought it was one of our neighbours - which we thought was equally ludicrous, as we know him.

Anyway, the goodish news is we're back up to 4 cats again. Our 2 old ones  (who took the huff when the 2 who were poisoned arrived, and only came back for feeding now and again, but are again regulars) + a feral stray that we've managed to entice to getting fed here + another kitten from stepdaughter nr 3 which hasn't been let out yet.

For what reason though? Are the cat's crapping in his garden?

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

For what reason though? Are the cat's crapping in his garden?

Who knows. That was the reason I thought of, but how does he know which cat is doing it?

55 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Who knows. That was the reason I thought of, but how does he know which cat is doing it?

But he's not targeting particular cats by putting out a saucer of antifreeze. Very weird behaviour. 

Also, this is a genuine question from someone who doesn't get cats. If a cat only comes to your house for food, can it really be counted as your cat? Saw you previously refer to them as outdoor cats. Surely the cat owns you in that case.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

But he's not targeting particular cats by putting out a saucer of antifreeze. Very weird behaviour. 

Also, this is a genuine question from someone who doesn't get cats. If a cat only comes to your house for food, can it really be counted as your cat? Saw you previously refer to them as outdoor cats. Surely the cat owns you in that case.

I don't like cats in the house, neither does my wife. Our cats get brought in now and again and a fuss made of them and fed cat treats. The pair of them were inside for about a fortnight after the poisoning incident.

The feral stray was lifted by the Cat Society or similar, and was checked out for disease and was released outside our door on the condition we fed it, which we are happy to do (otherwise it would have been put down). 

The kitten will be getting put out once we have a collar on it and it comes to us for food.

Maybe they do own us - so what?

They keep down vermin.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

No, a cat uses you, and your genetically programmed behaviors/reactions, by exploiting humans to get food and, when they desire it, shelter. A cat will accept you as a pride member, subservient to them, and bring you treats/presents in response to pay back your generosity. Studies have shown that cats learn to adapt their meow frequencies to elicit certain reactions from us (https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/news-blog/the-manipulative-meow-cats-learn-to-2009-07-13/). Maybe it’s better to say control rather than use or own.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

One of my friends has "adopted" a stray cat that kept coming into his garden. Maybe the cat has adopted him instead?

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

My old neighbour has 3 cats and the next house has 2 and there is another 3 or 4 that f**k around from somewhere else. They spray stuff on everything in my garden and shit anytime I plant something new. They stalk the wee birds and do that horrible yowling outside my door at night.

I hate them all with a passion. I would never poison them but if my neighbour died I would catch them in a cage and drive them miles away.

16 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I don't like cats in the house, neither does my wife. Our cats get brought in now and again and a fuss made of them and fed cat treats. The pair of them were inside for about a fortnight after the poisoning incident.

The feral stray was lifted by the Cat Society or similar, and was checked out for disease and was released outside our door on the condition we fed it, which we are happy to do (otherwise it would have been put down). 

The kitten will be getting put out once we have a collar on it and it comes to us for food.

Maybe they do own us - so what?

They keep down vermin.

We're similar - we have 4 adults at the moment and 2 1-week old kittens.  They are outdoor cats but not feral and they don't come in the house (one will if we let her).  We feed them, they sleep in our garden and come and go as they please.  We've had a dozen or more similar cats in our time here.  We also feed a few of the local feral cats.  Folk may not understand what's in it for us but they're no hassle and can be affectionate and even fun in their own strange way and, importantly around us, they keep down vermin and deter other perhaps more destructive cats.  

ETA - Do we own them or do they own us?  Honestly, that's a bit deep for what is a relatively basic relationship.

Edited by hk blues