Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

It's only right that I share this, the guilt is too much.

I have been taking the piss out of @Melanius Mullarkay for years on this forum, showing a clip of his own goal at 5's multiple times (usually after he posts the 'Niall McGinn relegates Dundee' clip), on Friday at 5's he nutmeged me an absolute beauty to set up a goal for his own team.

I have brought great shame to my fellow P&Bers and only hope that one day you can all forgive me.

He doesn't look agile enough to meg anyone, you are making light of your bad back.

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

He doesn't look agile enough to meg anyone, you are making light of your bad back.

I was saying to him before the game, I noticed that we are never picked in the same team, I think it's because we are wise veterans of the sport....

Or words similar.

13 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Has he drawn on his eyebrows?

If you think that's weird, you should see what he used to look like on stage.

Also, he shags weans, which is possibly even stranger.

7 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I have been taking the piss out of @Melanius Mullarkay for years on this forum, showing a clip of his own goal at 5's multiple times (usually after he posts the 'Niall McGinn relegates Dundee' clip), on Friday at 5's he nutmeged me an absolute beauty to set up a goal for his own team.

I have brought great shame to my fellow P&Bers and only hope that one day you can all forgive me.

A clip you say? And where would someone view said clip? 

8 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Our joint goal was a thing of beauty on Friday night. It’s a shame the cameras have gone from Soccerworld.

11 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Unfortunately not, it’s just business. You don’t want to pay £5? Find another way in/out for less money/trouble.

Not saying it’s right or wrong but every business has to exploit its customers however hidden or blatant that exploitation may be. 

It's not just business. It's an abuse of market power. 

Most businesses don't exploit their customers or clients, they enter into a mutually beneficial bargain.

It's worth me paying £1.00 to £1.50 to the shop for a loaf of bread so i don't need to grow my own grain, mill it and bake it. I accept that they should make a profit for that. 

Similarly if i book a flight for £100 i accept that a chunk of that is going to pay the airport for handling the flights etc. I'll even understand that the coffee etc will cost a bit more in the airport because the concessions have fees to pay to run the airport. 

But £5-£10 for dropping someone off is just gouging. It's partly just creating income from a captive market and partly protecting the taxi and parking income. 

Although they're not exactly full monopolies and compete for airlines, from a passenger perspective airports are fairly monopolistic, at least locally. There's a good argument for regulation of this sort of sneaky additional cost. 

10 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I've not seen this. 

If you're going to mention it, at least show it!

33 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Just drop them off outside the long stay car park which was the COVID testing site and let them hop on the bus to the terminal next time. 

For Edinburgh Airport we use 2 different "drop off" methods, usually for our son and his g/f.  We either take them to a tram stop and they get to the airport by tram, or we take them to the free drop off at the airport which gives you (I think) 30 minutes free and is about a 10 minut walk to the terminal.  The problem with the tram is that while a tram single is £2, a trip from any tram stop to the airport costs £7.50 which IMO is a bit steep and makes the tram relatively unattractive. The airport bus is also £5.50. Mrs Salt and Vinegar and my good self get the tram because free tram travel is included in our bus pass.

If the powers that be really want to get folk out of their cars, cheaper public transport is a no brainer but the cost puts some people off.

12 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Ryanair and Easyjet force airports to drop their fees if they want their business, so they pass them on to customers anyway they can. Arrecife can charge the airlines pretty much what they like, no competition apart from ferries.

Not sure what your point is.  They also have a monopoly on the car park but choose not to fleece people.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Not sure what your point is.  They also have a monopoly on the car park but choose not to fleece people.

Ryanair and Easyjet play off Edinburgh and Glasgow Airports to force their fees down. They can't do that to Arrecife so they can afford not to fleece people on parking.

11 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

For Edinburgh Airport we use 2 different "drop off" methods, usually for our son and his g/f.  We either take them to a tram stop and they get to the airport by tram, or we take them to the free drop off at the airport which gives you (I think) 30 minutes free and is about a 10 minut walk to the terminal.  The problem with the tram is that while a tram single is £2, a trip from any tram stop to the airport costs £7.50 which IMO is a bit steep and makes the tram relatively unattractive. The airport bus is also £5.50. Mrs Salt and Vinegar and my good self get the tram because free tram travel is included in our bus pass.

If the powers that be really want to get folk out of their cars, cheaper public transport is a no brainer but the cost puts some people off.

Long stay car park bus is free!