Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

22 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

For well over an hour I've had a megamix of Boney M on in the background, just because it automatically came on YouTube and I've been too lazy to change it. 

I don't really like Boney M's music.

images(1).jpeg.e26eea7ba2eb3f4526423b40385cba5c.jpeg

(but I'm fairly sure I'm going to be waking up to Rivers of F***ing Babylon at some point in the night)

Oh my lord.

Credit Card “Fraud Departments” are possibly the lowest form of life. They explained why a transaction was blocked…

Citibank: Well, any transaction over $500 is subject to scrutiny.

Me: So the repeated transactions over the last few months for thousands to pay rent should have caused an alert?

Citibank: Yes.

Me: They didn’t.

Citibank: We’ve improved the system.

Me: So when you sent me a message asking if I recognized a charge, and I replied Yes, and you told me to retry to charge?

Citibank: We have to talk you you first.

Me: So why did it say retry?

Citibank: We’re improving the system.

Me: (says some things that result in Citibank hanging up for “abuse”…the final straw was apparently calling the system “stupid”)

Riot police have descended on a street in Dundee this evening following reports of a large scale disturbance.

Emergency services raced to Beauly Avenue and Beauly Square in the Kirkton area of the city after the alarm was raised at around 7.45pm on Tuesday. It's understood around 60 youngsters are wreaking havoc in the area.

0_Screenshot-2023-10-31-212357.png

Fires have been set off in nearby Craigmore Street, where youngsters have reportedly been trashing an empty house. According to the Courier, a mob chased away PC Murdoch, who has been replaced by riot police in an attempt to calm the situation. It's understood fireworks have also been set off

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Riot police have descended on a street in Dundee this evening following reports of a large scale disturbance.

Emergency services raced to Beauly Avenue and Beauly Square in the Kirkton area of the city after the alarm was raised at around 7.45pm on Tuesday. It's understood around 60 youngsters are wreaking havoc in the area.

0_Screenshot-2023-10-31-212357.png

Fires have been set off in nearby Craigmore Street, where youngsters have reportedly been trashing an empty house. According to the Courier, a mob chased away PC Murdoch, who has been replaced by riot police in an attempt to calm the situation. It's understood fireworks have also been set off

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

9 hours ago, bennett said:

IMG_0671.gif

15 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

The day I've been dreading has arrived.  I had to look up what one of my son's maths homework questions meant.*

He's in P4.

*I couldn't remember what "product of" meant, in case you're wondering. 

It doesn't get better from that. My joy last week was:

Simplify and then graph (x + 3)(x + 5).

4 minutes ago, MSU said:

It doesn't get better from that. My joy last week was:

Simplify and then graph (x + 3)(x + 5).

What’s the answer? (I’ve tried substituting x for a number but then the formula doesn’t make sense).

52 years since I did my maths O grade and I don’t think I’ve ever had to use algebra irl.

5 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Multiply out the brackets to get y=x2  + 8x + 15, then it's a parabola?

Yeah, it all came back to me eventually, although the graphing bit was keen to establish the bits where the line broke the x and y axis which meant substituting 0 in for x and y, so y = 15 and x = -3 and -5. It all seemed a bit much. It got worse where you had to do it the other way round and get equation back to the wee brackety jobbies.