Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

10 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Was seething inside earlier on today.  Went to drop off some decent quality furniture as a donation to the British Heart Foundation, but found an unmanned open door at the usual rear car drop off point.  

Nobody present there so I walked through the open door to see if anyone was around, and ended up in the store itself.  Said to one of the workers that I was looking to donate and was at the back, who said "I'll see you at the back, you'll need to go out the front door and around the side of the building". 

Bearing in mind it was genuinely tipping it down with rain outside at the time, I said "can I not just go with you the same way I came in?", fully expecting a "fair enough, follow me".  But no, the c**t had me walking out the front door and eventually getting back to the car half sodden.  Petty side of me wishes I'd given them f*** all and just used it for a bonfire.

Get revenge by eating fried food, drinking beer, not exercising and enjoying breakfast kebabs. 

10 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Was seething inside earlier on today.  Went to drop off some decent quality furniture as a donation to the British Heart Foundation, but found an unmanned open door at the usual rear car drop off point.  

Nobody present there so I walked through the open door to see if anyone was around, and ended up in the store itself.  Said to one of the workers that I was looking to donate and was at the back, who said "I'll see you at the back, you'll need to go out the front door and around the side of the building". 

Bearing in mind it was genuinely tipping it down with rain outside at the time, I said "can I not just go with you the same way I came in?", fully expecting a "fair enough, follow me".  But no, the c**t had me walking out the front door and eventually getting back to the car half sodden.  Petty side of me wishes I'd given them f*** all and just used it for a bonfire.

Was that the one in Glenrothes ? 

Edit: forget that, was another place I had issues with years ago

Edited by Stellaboz

9 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Poison in traps? Dead mice are honking. 

I probably have the corpses of dozens of them in the space directly above where I sleep. 

A friend of mine who is an archaeologist told me a story that he excavated a site somewhere in Africa where the war lord's house was built with the skulls of his enemies built into the walls. This is how I feel about it also. 

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I probably have the corpses of dozens of them in the space directly above where I sleep. 

A friend of mine who is an archaeologist told me a story that he excavated a site somewhere in Africa where the war lord's house was built with the skulls of his enemies built into the walls. This is how I feel about it also. 

🤣

More or less the same. Gave me a chuckle in my tired state. 

13 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

My dad got a big sideboard / display thing from the BHF a couple of years before he died.  When I was clearing the house I contacted them and asked if they would take it back and could sell it on again, along with a few other things.

They sent round a couple of torn faced c*nts in a van a week or so later, who went round it, kicking the proverbial tyres, umming and awwing and giving it "see, what it is mate, is we don't normally take stuff this size" to which I replied that my dad had got it from the same place a couple of years earlier.  You would have thought I was asking the pair of p***ks to buy the fucking thing.  I was getting a van in myself the following week to dump the remains of whatev was left, so I could have just binned the thing myself.

I eventually got fed up and said that they could either take it or f**k off.  They grudgingly took it.

50 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

My dad got a big sideboard / display thing from the BHF a couple of years before he died.  When I was clearing the house I contacted them and asked if they would take it back and could sell it on again, along with a few other things.

They sent round a couple of torn faced c*nts in a van a week or so later, who went round it, kicking the proverbial tyres, umming and awwing and giving it "see, what it is mate, is we don't normally take stuff this size" to which I replied that my dad had got it from the same place a couple of years earlier.  You would have thought I was asking the pair of p***ks to buy the fucking thing.  I was getting a van in myself the following week to dump the remains of whatev was left, so I could have just binned the thing myself.

I eventually got fed up and said that they could either take it or f**k off.  They grudgingly took it.

Annoying thing was that I was actually returning a piece I'd originally bought there (it's just redundant now that I've had an office refit), so they should be making double off me!

Eta: like the case you describe, I'm fairly sure I've had a previous drop-off experience that made me feel somewhat unappreciated.  Are they part of a community service scheme for criminals or something?

(or probably young twats only there for some 'look at me' Duke of Edinburgh type scheme)

Edited by Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

St Vincent de Paul Society will take any furniture and re-distribute

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I've just used a paper straw for the first time. Get the planet to f**k. Kill it. It's not worth it.

I'll not buy milkshake unless I can drink it with a plastic straw.

I go full-blown Alan Partridge and bring my own these days.  It's like sooking your drink through a tampon otherwise.