Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Posted (edited)

"Hell is other people"- Jean Paul Sartre.  I really have no other words for this story in today's Guardian. It is grim.

Warning: this story contains graphic descriptions of bodily mutilation that some readers may find upsetting

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/may/09/man-eunuch-maker-streamed-mutilations-jailed-life-marius-gustavson

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

The park by me has a weird pattern of dandelion growth just now, and I've only just clocked that it maps out the lines of the former football pitch that was there yonks ago, which I find rather cool.  I presume the stuff they use to paint the lines must enrichen the soil or something.

54 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

I love Glasgow. Just saw a man walking down the road with a TV under one arm, walking a mini pomeranian with the other hand. Superb.

Screenshot2024-05-10125114.thumb.png.500132a32c5df6a0726a13b02ad4148d.png

3 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

I love Glasgow. Just saw a man walking down the road with a TV under one arm, walking a mini pomeranian with the other hand. Superb.

You can't turn that down.

I'm going to an Indian tomorrow with my two brothers, my brother and sister and law, two nephews and possibly my old man (he's away and getting back at some time tomorrow but unsure when).

I was thinking about it earlier and for a brief second was worried thst if my dad couldn't make it there wouldn't be any adults there and they might turn us away.

Including myself there will be five adults there, six if the old man makes it. Only when stopping to think about it did I realise what pish my mind was coming up with.

I don't think it speaks well of my psyche that I often don't consider myself an adult before realising that I actually am, as this is far from a solitary incident in terms of this thinking.

Now I'm 61, I'm willing to acknowledge I'm an adult but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. I never asked to be an adult, it isn't something I'm good at and frankly, I can think of better things to do with my time.

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

Now I'm 61, I'm willing to acknowledge I'm an adult but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. I never asked to be an adult, it isn't something I'm good at and frankly, I can think of better things to do with my time.

Fight the power @Shotgun

I bought two rolls from the bakery late on yesterday and later found that they felt a bit hard for my liking, as if the wifey there had bagged the top ones from a basket that had been sitting out all day.

Fast forward: I check the same rolls this morning, which have just sat in the tied poly bag overnight, and they're now soft and absolutely perfect for my liking. What the hell is going on here?