Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

5 minutes ago, Swarley said:

We were never brave enough to try the pubs. Cans at the local park to watch the bonfire after the torchlight procession. 

Torchlight procession sounds like a very upmarket gala day. We generally just got drunken teenagers fighting and setting fire to wheelie bins, does that count?

55 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Torchlight procession sounds like a very upmarket gala day. We generally just got drunken teenagers fighting and setting fire to wheelie bins, does that count?

100%. 

Just now, Bert Raccoon said:

I got in a scrap with a ned at Strathaven Gala Day in 1998. Not been back since just in case 

I think the 1998 Strathaven Gala Day has finished by now. You should be safe.

Just now, scottsdad said:

I think the 1998 Strathaven Gala Day has finished by now. You should be safe.

These people have extra digits and long memories. Better safe than sorry 

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I got in a scrap with a ned at Strathaven Gala Day in 1998. Not been back since just in case 

There's so many murders in Strathaven that they're not going to remember a single enigmatic ned killer from a quarter of a century ago. Think you're pretty safe to go back.

The irony if you do and are randomly murdered yourself  :o

11 minutes ago, BFTD said:

There's so many murders in Strathaven that they're not going to remember a single enigmatic ned killer from a quarter of a century ago. Think you're pretty safe to go back.

The irony if you do and are randomly murdered yourself  :o

I'm hard a nails so it's doubtful 👊

My dad still has my two Saline gala football and one 'It's A Knockout' trophies at home.

In the 1996 Saline Gala I scored both goals in a glorious 2-0 victory. My parents never saw it mind as they were on holiday somewhere.

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

My dad still has my two Saline gala football and one 'It's A Knockout' trophies at home.

Was it presented by Stuart Hall?

Last Christmas my Mrs bought 'me' (herself) tickets to see Status Quo in Scarborough tonight. In our wisdom we decided it would be fun to camp for the weekend.

We arrived yesterday evening after a 6-hour drive, with me narrowly avoiding going full Michael Douglas in the Edinburgh bypass traffic.

Upon arriving at the campsite it quickly became clear that our tent was not accompanied by any poles. It's a mystery why they weren't in the bag with the rest of the kit. 

Panic ensued, followed by a mad dash around Scarborough to find a replacement tent. Luckily there was a Halfords and we made it with 10 minutes to spare before they closed.

Quite pleased with our new temporary home tbh. Not sure how it'd hold up in a storm, but it was a comfortable night and the weather is glorious. Roll on the Quo tonight.

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

Last Christmas my Mrs bought 'me' (herself) tickets to see Status Quo in Scarborough tonight. In our wisdom we decided it would be fun to camp for the weekend.

We arrived yesterday evening after a 6-hour drive, with me narrowly avoiding going full Michael Douglas in the Edinburgh bypass traffic.

Upon arriving at the campsite it quickly became clear that our tent was not accompanied by any poles. It's a mystery why they weren't in the bag with the rest of the kit. 

Panic ensued, followed by a mad dash around Scarborough to find a replacement tent. Luckily there was a Halfords and we made it with 10 minutes to spare before they closed.

Quite pleased with our new temporary home tbh. Not sure how it'd hold up in a storm, but it was a comfortable night and the weather is glorious. Roll on the Quo tonight.

Halfords is excellent TBF.

They usually have Whatever You Want

YARN | - Well, what kind of tent? - The kind with the most poles. | No  Country for Old Men (2007) | Video clips by quotes | ab02e6a4 | 紗

2 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Hopefully the rain doesn't come down down deeper and down.

3 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Wham’s lesser known lyrics to their Christmas hit there. 

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Halfords is excellent TBF.

They usually have Whatever You Want

3 hours ago, bennett said:

Hopefully the rain doesn't come down down deeper and down.

I was tempted to insert some lyrical puns into the story myself, but I thought I'd let P&B do the job for me.

I was tempted to insert some lyrical puns into the story myself, but I thought I'd let P&B do the job for me.

I don't want any part of what you're proposing