Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

After three brutal days of renovating my boat I'm off to Ibiza for 4days........kill me now!

Your In luck, it's currently reaching 35 degrees just now, I'm just in from the west end bars, enjoying my hotels free breakfast before getting a wee pint and sleeping by the pool :thumbsup

Scotrail just paid £134 for an Inverness - Aberdeen taxi for myself and two other folk because the Thurso-Inverness train was 30 mins late and missed the Aberdeen connection... even though there was another train 1hr later.

Dropped me off 50 metres from my front door too. :thumsup2

Sorry for the ticket price rise which will pay for it though. :unsure:

Scotrail just paid £134 for an Inverness - Aberdeen taxi for myself and two other folk because the Thurso-Inverness train was 30 mins late and missed the Aberdeen connection... even though there was another train 1hr later.

Dropped me off 50 metres from my front door too. :thumsup2

Sorry for the ticket price rise which will pay for it though. :unsure:

Was that a discretionary thing or do they have to?

Was that a discretionary thing or do they have to?

Seems that they had to offer it and that it happens an awful lot according to the driver (cheaper than laying on a whole replacement coach I guess). Announcement on the late train (due to signal problems all the way down the Wick line) went out saying that if anybody had missed a connection to Aberdeen or Perth then contact platform staff... which I did and they directed me and the others to the taxi waiting for us. I would have probably have been happy to wait the hour but the other two were taking up the offer and I thought "ach, why not?" seeing as my house is along the A96 which he'd need to go straight past to get to Dyce / Aberdeen.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Interesting sub-title on BBC fitba's home page.

"Liverpool are drawn against holders Real Madrid as Manchester City get a tough draw in the Champions League"

While Citeh's draw against Bayern Munich is undoubtedly tough, I wouldn't say Liverpool's was exactly easy by comparison.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/

Mrs Mile and myself moving house/decorating new house this weekend whilst Mini-Mile is away with her Grandparents. Moving and decorating is stressful as f**k!!

Ain't it just; commiserations. When we bought this place, I worked out that I'd moved house an average of once every eighteen months during my life :shutup

It doesn't get any more pleasant. They'll be carrying me out of here in a pine box, I tells ya.

I am now the official owner of a car.

Albeit the one I've been driving for over two years. :lol: Means I can rack up the miles at work now, plenty of travelling to be done there, be good to supplement my wage with it!

Cheers bud. Good at lifting heavy boxes or a dab hand with a paint brush??

Just imagine I'm helping you lift them, in a very real, but a very homoerotic way *smooch*