Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

You seemed to be confused and bewildered.

I don't know the world i live in anymore Moza

This was the most coherent sentence I have ever seen from you on here and we have known each other for 2.5 years now. Fwiw I still have no idea what you are talking about.

Leaving Morrissey concert last night looking for a taxi, got a quote for 150R$ to take me home (I live in Sao Paulo) from one venture capitalist, greedy sister fucker.. Told him to bolt and found another and managed to haggle him down to what I thought was a very sound price of 90R$.. Sitting in the taxi on the way home feeling very proud of myself and my haggling skills, I noticed that even though we had agreed the price beforehand with the driver, and indeed paid him before he set off, he had put the meter on. Of course the meter when it got to my house read 63R$.. So I overpaid the driver by quite a lot.. Done myself out of the price of 5 beers - Erse.

Leaving Morrissey concert last night looking for a taxi, got a quote for 150R$ to take me home (I live in Sao Paulo) from one venture capitalist, greedy sister fucker.. Told him to bolt and found another and managed to haggle him down to what I thought was a very sound price of 90R$.. Sitting in the taxi on the way home feeling very proud of myself and my haggling skills, I noticed that even though we had agreed the price beforehand with the driver, and indeed paid him before he set off, he had put the meter on. Of course the meter when it got to my house read 63R$.. So I overpaid the driver by quite a lot.. Done myself out of the price of 5 beers - Erse.

So you were robbed essentially. He agreed a price and took the money, then demanded more money later.

So you were robbed essentially. He agreed a price and took the money, then demanded more money later.

No. Not really robbed the way you are seeing it. Apologies if it was unclear. I paid him 90 at the start of the journey for the trip. He put the meter on for some reason - maybe its automatic? I don't know. The meter read 63 at the end of the journey. The only money that changed hands was the 90 at the start of the journey. Because I'd already agreed to the price (and because my Portuguese is honking) I didn't complain. But these people rob you blind, left right and centre everywhere you go - It's almost expected. It's almost cultural.

Always go with the meter. Lesson learned.

Edited by Mancha Verde