Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Apart from trying to buy beer at 10:30 last night after forgetting that's not allowed here.

My local shoppie stops selling at 10pm, but the cnuts have started closing the shop doors at 9:45, something which is particularly annoying when you finish dealing with Scouts at 9:30 on a Friday and fancy a drink from the shop 20 min walk away. And they wonder why somebody rammed the door with a car the other week.

We've got owls in the woods behind our house.

Owls that spent all last night noisily attempting to chase their newly-fledged young out of their territory, and newly-fledged young that spent all last night noisily trying to get back into the parental home.

Binocular-visioned b*****ds.

Got in to work this morning and there was a reminder email from Global HR about the 'cellphone usage policy'. What had prompted this reminder? Some moron in one of the American worksites had been sacked for playing Pokémon Go whilst driving his forklift :lol:

Got in to work this morning and there was a reminder email from Global HR about the 'cellphone usage policy'. What had prompted this reminder? Some moron in one of the American worksites had been sacked for playing Pokémon Go whilst driving his forklift[emoji38]

I got the dreaded dept-wide telling-off email last week over something I may have illicitly acquired.

So far the 'ignore email, keep calm and carry on' approach is going well. They'd have had it back that very afternoon but seeing as folk are looking out for the culprit then I'll be keeping it til the end of the week where I can place it back after hours.

8 minutes ago, Günther said:

Eating porridge made with water and sprinkled with salt. A proper Scotsmans breakfast!

Porridge should always be made with milk, without exception. Porridge made with water is just wallpaper paste.

Just now, Günther said:

Sorry bud, I eat the stuff the proper Scottish way. None of this milk, sugar or syrup pish!

I don't use syrup or sugar either, just salt to taste, but for me the texture is all wrong when using water rather than milk.

I genuinely couldn't care less whether what liquid I make breakfast with makes me more or less Scottish, whatever that means.

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

You try getting a spirit level to work properly on a bed of beech leaves and twigs you cheeky f***er.

This is a simple task, drive a cane into the ground at either end of the hedge, run a string between the canes and use a spirit level to adjust the level of the string.