Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I've waited a few years to do this but tonight my wife has finally agreed to start watching The Wire. I'm ridiculously excited to watch it all again but I'm also a little nervous that she won't like it and our marriage will be on thin ice after less than a year. She has The West Wing as the top of her list of her favourite ever so I'm hoping that will help.

I've recently started watching this. Season 1 hooked me. I thought season 2 started slowly but I stuck with it as I like the characters and it eventually gripped me again. I've just finished the first episode of S3 and am happy they appear to me going back down the route of the projects. Things are bubbling away nicely but (no spoilers please) I'm expecting Barksdale and Stringer to come to blows at some point during this season (if he gets out of prison).

Bubbles and Omar are my favourite characters by some distance.

I was eating a packet of Space Raiders there and I've just realised that they are supposed to be shaped like the wee alien on the fronts head.

:lol:

You've only just realised this? Like most high school boys, weren't Space Raiders part of your breakfast? Surely you can't have got this far in life not noticing? :o

Season 2 and 4 are the best.

That's something I didn't want to hear. I much preferred S1 to S2 though when I think about it I enjoyed the new characters in S2. Ziggy (after a while) and Sobotka being the standouts for me.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

:lol:

You've only just realised this? Like most high school boys, weren't Space Raiders part of your breakfast? Surely you can't have got this far in life not noticing? :o

I'm embarrassed to admit that in near enough 30 years of Space Raider eating, this has never occurred to me before. 

7 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I was eating a packet of Space Raiders there and I've just realised that they are supposed to be shaped like the wee alien on the fronts head.

KB, I've admired your postings up to now but this,THIS, shitting Christ. 

You have so much more in life to discover (no spoilers). 

G-Bo(re)

ETA Had this been a Philpy post, how many sharp intakes would have occurred? 

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've recently started watching this. Season 1 hooked me. I thought season 2 started slowly but I stuck with it as I like the characters and it eventually gripped me again. I've just finished the first episode of S3 and am happy they appear to me going back down the route of the projects. Things are bubbling away nicely but (no spoilers please) I'm expecting Barksdale and Stringer to come to blows at some point during this season (if he gets out of prison).

Bubbles and Omar are my favourite characters by some distance.

8 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Season 2 and 4 are the best.

8 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I only really appreciated Season 2 fully after watching the entire show.

When I watched it the first time round I always thought Season 4 was my favourite. I'm really looking forward to exploring it all again after nearly ten years and seeing if I view things differently. 

10 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm embarrassed to admit that in near enough 30 years of Space Raider eating, this has never occurred to me before. 

I bet you don't feel like such a fucking big man for slagging me about my sandwiches now, do you?

18 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I bet you don't feel like such a fucking big man for slagging me about my sandwiches now, do you?

I knew about Space Raiders. I also know you can make little cars out of Transform-A-Snack. Your 16 hour old toast sandwiches are disgusting. 

1 minute ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

I knew about Space Raiders. I also know you can make little cars out of Transform-A-Snack. Your 16 hour old toast sandwiches are disgusting. 

Do not knock it until you've tried it please.

22 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Listen, if i'd stuck them in the fridge for 24 hours before taking them into work for my lunch, then you'd have a point.  As it is, I'm just not very perceptive, whilst you are fucking Beast2