Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

They do say that only the top 6-9 inches of Loch Lomond ever changes temperature.  Probably applies to most large Scottish lochs, right enough.

What is the temperature of the water in Loch Lomond then?

They do say that only the top 6-9 inches of Loch Lomond ever changes temperature.  Probably applies to most large Scottish lochs, right enough.

That may very well be true, I’m not sure. I’d have thought the deeper you get the colder it gets?
I think a dead body has little buoyancy until bloating occurs, therefore the colder the water, the better.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

What is the temperature of the water in Loch Lomond then?

In true P&B style, I have no fecking idea.  All I know is, having swum and paddled in it many times, it's fucking freezing.

1 minute ago, Brother Blades said:

That may very well be true, I’m not sure. I’d have thought the deeper you get the colder it gets?
I think a dead body has little buoyancy until bloating occurs, therefore the colder the water, the better.

I think the theory is that the sunlight only affects the very surface.  I used to drink with a dude that worked on the loch's lifeboat, and it was him that told me.  Mind you, seeing as I only ever spoke to him in the pub, either his stories or my recollections (or both) may no be entirely accurate.

It looked absolutely baltic, I was agast that there were about half a dozen people on jet skis yesterday, fucking maniacs.

Yup, involving the mayor is ridiculous and I hope he gets told where to go tbh. The bus driver isn’t getting in hot soup for being homophobic here, he is being hounded for being homophobic to a millionaire crybaby. You don’t deserve to be publicly shamed by a celebrity and the town mayor for shouting poofter at someone in the heat of the moment.

I really don't know the story. I'm just filling in the pieces by what you guys have written on here. If the driver knew who Will Young was and used that word then he deserves all the flack he gets as it's a homophobic slur. If he didn't know it who Will Young was then he's at best a fucking wallaper.

If Young has broadcast everything online and not went through the proper channels then it reeks of attention seeking though. Though having complained to a bus company in the past I can imagine he'd be panned off like I was and maybe higher action isn't the worst thing.

I really don't know the story. I'm just filling in the pieces by what you guys have written on here. If the driver knew who Will Young was and used that word then he deserves all the flack he gets as it's a homophobic slur. If he didn't know it who Will Young was then he's at best a fucking wallaper.

If Young has broadcast everything online and not went through the proper channels then it reeks of attention seeking though. Though having complained to a bus company in the past I can imagine he'd be panned off like I was and maybe higher action isn't the worst thing.

You can follow it all on his Twitter, Will isn’t really giving much away other than he got called a poofter so don’t know if the driver knew who he was or not. He has appealed to Sadiq khan to help find the driver and is badgering TfL as well. In fairness to him all he says he wants is an apology and no witch hunt, he said he wants the driver found before he “abuses others” which I found quite funny.

You can follow it all on his Twitter, Will isn’t really giving much away other than he got called a poofter so don’t know if the driver knew who he was or not. He has appealed to Sadiq khan to help find the driver and is badgering TfL as well. In fairness to him all he says he wants is an apology and no witch hunt, he said he wants the driver found before he “abuses others” which I found quite funny.

It's a serious subject but that "abuses others" has made me chuckle. I've just got a vision of a bus driver wearing a KKK outift.

It's a serious subject but that "abuses others" has made me chuckle. I've just got a vision of a bus driver wearing a KKK outift.

I know it’s serious to some extent but getting the mayor involved is completely uncalled for and the “abuses others” nonsense can’t be taken seriously in a city that has seen dozens of random acid attacks taking place recently. I love twitter though,