Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

We seem to have regressed in recent times. What kind of moron needs told it’s poor form to wish to label a black person a monkey? 
My kid, who is mixed race, chose a picture frame for her mother's day that says "mummy's little monkey" around the picture. she then put a picture of herself in it.

Was this an act of self loathing? are these frames only suitable for white kids?

Why can't a black kid be a little monkey like a white kid, you supremacist, patronising fùckers?

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Take offence to a hoodie worn by a child? Why did you bring the colour of the child into it ? Should we first look at who is wearing the hoodie first before we see what it says on it ?

Is it just a safer bet to just not let humans model anything ? Somebody will take offence to something ?

I've the same answer. Humans are c***s

We could get ones with Cheeky wee cùnt on it for Scotland.

Take offence to a hoodie worn by a child? Why did you bring the colour of the child into it ? Should we first look at who is wearing the hoodie first before we see what it says on it ?

Is it just a safer bet to just not let humans model anything ? Somebody will take offence to something ?

I've the same answer. Humans are c***s

Humans are c***s but a company as big as H&M should know that advertising a black child as a monkey in the jungle may be seen by some as racist. It’s not really that difficult to understand the problem with this photo and it’s not a case of people just getting offended by anything.

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

No, the company acted like twats because they put a black boy in a top with "monkey" written on it. Anyone who has ever read, heard or seen anything, ever, will know that even insinuating a comparison between a black person and a monkey is offensive.

This isn't complicated, mate. Has the new Irn Bru got to you? emoji14.png

They put a wee boy in a hoodie, obviously the wee boys family had no issue with it.

A wee bit of common sense.

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

My kid, who is mixed race, chose a picture frame for her mother's day that says "mummy's little monkey" around the picture. she then put a picture of herself in it.

Was this an act of self loathing? are these frames only suitable for white kids?

Why can't a black kid be a little monkey like a white kid, you supremacist, patronising fùckers?

Did your child consider the effect that this purchase would have on people who live to be outraged?

Disgusting behaviour.

I just don’t like slogan. Monkeys aren’t exclusive to the jungle either.

I don’t take offence to it myself but it is so obvious that people would take offence to the slogan if it was modelled by a black child, particularly in the U.K. I wish it wasn’t this way but someone from H&M should have stepped in to put a stop to it.

Coolest little monkey not in the jungle doesn’t exactly trip off the tongue.

If there has been a lot of racist remarks online regarding this, then I can see why people are annoyed at the company letting the wee boy model the hoodie. Has there been?

Even if there has been, people should round on the racists rather than the company.

People who get all outraged about the wee guy wearing a hoodie are dicks. People who then try and equate this with horrible racists throwing bananas at players and making monkey noises are further down (up?) the dick scale.

They are better than the people who would seek to make racist remarks based on a wee boy in a hoodie, but they are still annoying people.

I clicked on that Twitter story about Virgin stopping selling the Daily Mail on it’s trains and there are some fucking crazy human beings out there. Twitter seems to be more crazy (if that’s possible) than Facebook.

As part of my work I have to work on the inbound helpline, and it’s always funny when customers phone up and don’t know the phonetic alphabet so they just make up their own. Just had a customer say “H for Hitler”. Not sure how I managed to hold it together for the rest of the call.

Coolest little monkey not in the jungle doesn’t exactly trip off the tongue.

If there has been a lot of racist remarks online regarding this, then I can see why people are annoyed at the company letting the wee boy model the hoodie. Has there been?

Even if there has been, people should round on the racists rather than the company.

People who get all outraged about the wee guy wearing a hoodie are dicks. People who then try and equate this with horrible racists throwing bananas at players and making monkey noises are further down (up?) the dick scale.

They are better than the people who would seek to make racist remarks based on a wee boy in a hoodie, but they are still annoying people.
If you had a daughter who was a bit chubby would you think twice about buying her a t shirt with with the "Babe" star on the front?