Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Scatter 529 things randomly across 365 pots and it's not that unlikely one of them will have seven.

This stuff can be counter intuitive. Guess how many friends you'd need before it would be statistically probable that two share a birthday.
I only have 2 friends. They are twins.....

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:
5 hours ago, GordonS said:
Scatter 529 things randomly across 365 pots and it's not that unlikely one of them will have seven.

This stuff can be counter intuitive. Guess how many friends you'd need before it would be statistically probable that two share a birthday.

Siamese?

13 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Don't believe the hype - Australia is fucking freezing in winter. The houses are designed for summer so single glazing and no heating as standard, which would be fine if the winter only lasted a few weeks, but it doesn't. 

Shite house designing Aussie arseholes. 

We could crowd fund to buy you a jumper you softie. 

Just now, Granny Danger said:

I’ll put in -£10.

You’ve probably got a nice old Lyle & Scott or Nick Faldo Pringle gathering dust you could send him. It would only end up going to the charity shop with the rest of your clothes soon enough anyway.

I may be very  unhappy with Laszlo and am wanting his immediate removal, I am also aware how insignificant that such matters are in life.

The events tragic events that have unfolded in Lombok are a sad reminder of how violent planet earth can be and how fragile life is particularly in areas prone to natural disasters and every day complaints can not compare to what has happened. 

I cannot begin to imagine the suffering of those who have lost loved ones nor those who survive but have lost everything they owned.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/999161/Indonesia-earthquake-now-today-lombok-map-USGS

The article reports 142 fatalities, however the news on tv had just said 98 but number expected to rise.  I will keep an eye out for what the correct figure is.

Edited by CaspianChris

21 hours ago, GordonS said:

Don't believe the hype - Australia is fucking freezing in winter. The houses are designed for summer so single glazing and no heating as standard, which would be fine if the winter only lasted a few weeks, but it doesn't. 
Shite house designing Aussie arseholes. 
This is Dee Man. Dee Man thinks its cold because his Best N Less "pure merino wool" jumper is stylish but not thick enough to keep him warm. Harden the f**k up Dee Man.

14 hours ago, Swarley said:

This is Dee Man. Dee Man thinks its cold because his Best N Less "pure merino wool" jumper is stylish but not thick enough to keep him warm. Harden the f**k up Dee Man.

I was genuinely just going to come on to post about getting a merino wool jumper from Shandon's generous crowdfunding, you scary mind reading fucker. 

On 06/08/2018 at 13:33, CaspianChris said:

The events tragic events that have unfolded in Lombok are a sad reminder of how violent planet earth can be and how fragile life is particularly in areas prone to natural disasters and every day complaints can not compare to what has happened. 

The fact that the UK is as stable as it is is something that is seriously under-appreciated in this country imo considering there are very, very few places like it.  Our perception of severe heat and drought involves 30 odd degrees and a brief hosepipe ban at worst, whilst a rare and unfelt one point something Richter scale 'quake' makes national news.  In comparison, a 2.6 earthquake just 'hit' a bit of California 15 mins ago  (monitoring site) and it probably won't even make the local paper.  

On 6/8/2018 at 06:09, SlipperyP said:
On 6/8/2018 at 01:20, GordonS said:

Do they ever get you mixed up?

13 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

And nobody has asked him if he owns another jumper already.

I have purchased several jumpers over the last few weeks in preparation for the Scottish summer ending the day I arrive in Scotland in 2 weeks time.