Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Maybe I am getting old but the thought of flying puts me off traveling.

Security, jetlag, other wanky travelers, sitting for 8+ hours, cases, fighting with the burd... it's more trouble than it's worth.

Unless it's something spectacular or something I really wanted to see I wouldn't bother. Granted I don't need to live with 10 months of Scottish weather.

22 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Maybe I am getting old but the thought of flying puts me off traveling.

Security, jetlag, other wanky travelers, sitting for 8+ hours, cases, fighting with the burd... it's more trouble than it's worth.

Unless it's something spectacular or something I really wanted to see I wouldn't bother. Granted I don't need to live with 10 months of Scottish weather.

f**k off with this shite weather chat. Cliched boring pish that isn't even true

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

f**k off with this shite weather chat. Cliched boring pish that isn't even true

Whilst the weather in Scotland isn't generally dangerous or life threatening (hurricanes, typhoons, tornados, tsunamis etc) it is on the whole gloomy, cold and shite. That can't be denied.

8 minutes ago, sjc said:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/04/04/world/middleeast/isis-documents-mosul-iraq.html

Interesting article about how ISIS governed Mosul. Turns out they did a better job of running public services than the Iraqi Government...........if you look past their sectarian murdering and pilfering......

Nobody is perfect.

21 minutes ago, sjc said:

Whilst the weather in Scotland isn't generally dangerous or life threatening (hurricanes, typhoons, tornados, tsunamis etc) it is on the whole gloomy, cold and shite. That can't be denied.

Try living in a country with a 6-month rainy season and high humidity and 30+ temperature pretty much every day.  The novelty wears off and the attraction of 4 seasons and all that brings is worth something.

I still prefer the weather where I am but it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Just now, hk blues said:

Try living in a country with a 6-month rainy season and high humidity and 30+ temperature pretty much every day.  The novelty wears off and the attraction of 4 seasons and all that brings is worth something.

I still prefer the weather where I am but it's not all it's cracked up to be.

I totally agree. We only have a 2 month wet season with high humidity but 6 months+ of 30+ degrees here and it does get tiresome. 

What I don't miss about Scotland is the grey sky, driving wind and rain as well as the low temperatures in the summer.......probably because I worked outside in it from  7.30am-6pm 5-6days a week!

7 minutes ago, sjc said:

I totally agree. We only have a 2 month wet season with high humidity but 6 months+ of 30+ degrees here and it does get tiresome. 

What I don't miss about Scotland is the grey sky, driving wind and rain as well as the low temperatures in the summer.......probably because I worked outside in it from  7.30am-6pm 5-6days a week!

Yep.  I miss the weather now I'm over here, but certainly didn't miss it when I was there!

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Yep.  I miss the weather now I'm over here, but certainly didn't miss it when I was there!

I know what you mean. I miss the light summer nights (on the rare occasions when its warm and sunny) that you can enjoy sitting outside........the fucking mosquitoes don't allow that here :( 

3 hours ago, sjc said:

No it isn't and yes it can. 

Quite simply what you're claiming is a lie.

Edited by DA Baracus

39 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No it isn't and yes it can. 

Quite simply what you're claiming is a lie.

I must have completely imagined working outside in adverse weather on numerous times with cranes being winded off and concrete pours being cancelled due to low temperatures......

Have you ever been to a hot Country? The first thing you notice is how colourful it is compared to back in Scotland.