Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

6 hours ago, sjc said:

I agree. Parts of Scotland on a clear day are far more beautiful than where I live in Japan (barring perhaps when the cherry blossom is out), the point I was making is that those clear days are few and far between. The last summer I spent in Scotland was so windy and cold that I thought I was living in a wind tunnel!

Image result for kenneth williams

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Do people really enjoy the Scottish weather/climate or do they just pretend to because there’s nothing they can do about it?

Most people in the Southern Mediterranean would kill to live in Scotland during the summer.

Scotland’s weather is shit. The cold doesn’t bother me but it rains more days than not, for about 9 months of the year.

The sleet earlier on this week was really taking the piss. My best mates not far off getting PR in Oz if it comes through I can see myself finishing my degree and joining him.

Weather’s good and the place is nice, people are generally c***s though.

Go to Canada instead.

I lived in Australia for a couple of year when I was younger. Me and my sister were both that awkward age though and never looked at the big picture, just in primary and only really cared about our pals back home so didn’t enjoy it.

Also never had smart phones at the time, early 2000s, so was hard getting in touch with back home which made it a lot worse, with FaceTime etc now my mate says he sees his parents more than he did when he was here haha.

And Canada would be an option too, definitely think I’ll try something. If i didn’t like it could always come back, nothing to lose. Melbourne front runner though if my pal gets his PR.

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I lived in Australia for a couple of year when I was younger. Me and my sister were both that awkward age though and never looked at the big picture, just in primary and only really cared about our pals back home so didn’t enjoy it.

Also never had smart phones at the time, early 2000s, so was hard getting in touch with back home which made it a lot worse, with FaceTime etc now my mate says he sees his parents more than he did when he was here haha.

And Canada would be an option too, definitely think I’ll try something. If i didn’t like it could always come back, nothing to lose. Melbourne front runner though if my pal gets his PR.

Come teach English in Japan!

Do people really enjoy the Scottish weather/climate or do they just pretend to because there’s nothing they can do about it?

I've been in New Zealand for two weeks now and apparently it's unusually warm for their Autumn. I'd say it's been like a good Scottish summer so far. It's the humidity that I couldn't handle to be honest, my daughter and son in law were saying the summer was terrible.

They keep saying that it does get cold in the winter but not as cold as the south island. Just googled it - An average of 13 in the winter, which is like a normal Scottish summer !

It's been great for us on holiday, especially for my son who's been in the sea and rivers swimming everyday. I couldn't work/live in this constantly. I genuinely prefer our climate.

My wife on the other hand thinks anything under 22 degrees is freezing and would easily swap.

1 hour ago, Kennboy1978 said:

I've been in New Zealand for two weeks now and apparently it's unusually warm for their Autumn. I'd say it's been like a good Scottish summer so far. It's the humidity that I couldn't handle to be honest, my daughter and son in law were saying the summer was terrible.

They keep saying that it does get cold in the winter but not as cold as the south island. Just googled it - An average of 13 in the winter, which is like a normal Scottish summer !

It's been great for us on holiday, especially for my son who's been in the sea and rivers swimming everyday. I couldn't work/live in this constantly. I genuinely prefer our climate.

My wife on the other hand thinks anything under 22 degrees is freezing and would easily swap.

Horses for courses I suppose.  I was meant to be born in a warmer climate and fully intend to rectify that failing in 3-4 years when I retire.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The sleet earlier on this week was really taking the piss. My best mates not far off getting PR in Oz if it comes through I can see myself finishing my degree and joining him.

It took you about 5 years to make the journey from arbroath to Dundee.

You’ll be dead by the time you make it to Oz.

10 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

The swimming pool did it.

I like the sun but the sun dosnt like me

So Scottish weather does me okay

The pool was inconsequential.  I would have got moe* if all our bedrooms were on-suite.  That’s the big attraction apparently.

That should read “more”; the barman from the Simpsons is not a big golf fan.

7 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Do Yorkshire folk only eat small roasted pancakes?

1.  I don’t know.

2.  I don’t care.

3. What the f**k has that to do with anything.*

* this is a rhetorical question, do not feel obliged to reply.

Edited by Granny Danger

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The pool was inconsequential.  I would have got moe* if all our bedrooms were on-suite.  That’s the big attraction apparently.

That should read “more”; the barman from the Simpsons is not a big golf fan.

1.  I don’t know.

2.  I don’t care.

3. What the f**k has that to do with anything.*

* this is a rhetorical question, do not feel obliged to reply.

I'm married to a Yarkshire lass.

She'ss obsessed with North...