Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

40 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:
14 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Are amateur men any better?

Certainly yes, woman's professional football at the top level is around men's U'16 level. This comes from a top level woman footballer, not me, Julie Fleeting

The Australian Women's National team played Newcastle (Australia) under 15's as a warm up to the last world cup, they were hammered 7-0.  There was outrage at the time that the media shouldn't be reporting it, so not to embarrass the women.  

In reality, women's football is utter shite and receives an embarrassing amount of media coverage compared to actual interest.  

Certainly yes, woman's professional football at the top level is around men's U'16 level. This comes from a top level woman footballer, not me, Julie Fleeting
The way you've written that makes it sound like you are Julie Fleeting. If so, I'd say that you were a top level woman footballer Julie. In fact, I thought you were outstanding when you were at Arsenal and in the States. Stop putting yourself down, woman.

The way you've written that makes it sound like you are Julie Fleeting. If so, I'd say that you were a top level woman footballer Julie. In fact, I thought you were outstanding when you were at Arsenal and in the States. Stop putting yourself down, woman.
I have been called Walter many times on this forum, thanks Slaver.JF.
You can look elsewhere for yir hole...Man

2 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

The Australian Women's National team played Newcastle (Australia) under 15's as a warm up to the last world cup, they were hammered 7-0.  There was outrage at the time that the media shouldn't be reporting it, so not to embarrass the women.  

In reality, women's football is utter shite and receives an embarrassing amount of media coverage compared to actual interest.  

I get that but what would the score have been if the Newcastle under 15's had played amateur men?
It would have probably been the same score.

13 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

International class Own Goaling, courtesy of Scotland and Willie Donnachie.

Always wanted to see Willie Donnachie and Phil Babb playing in the same team.

Just to hear the phrase “Donnachie-Babb” as a pass was made.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

International class Own Goaling, courtesy of Scotland and Willie Donnachie.

Just after Wales had missed a penalty, too. I was at the game and left at that point. I was walking through the car park when a huge groan went up inside the ground. Word went round what had happened but it was five years before I actually saw it - on Not the Nine o'Clock News, of all programmes.

The St Peter's team on University Challenge tonight are massively twatty. There's a twat with a twat's scarf, a twat with a twat's moustache and a twat with a twat's beret.

Agreed. Mousey woman in a beret, man with a daft moustache, lad with a scarf on, and the other one who never got the memo and just went in a shirt and jumper.