Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Country & Western videos seem to have an inordinate amount of “wids” in them,

I moved to Arizona in 1993 at a time when my experience of country music was either fat, middle-aged English guys with Elvis sideburns singing in pubs, or television appearances of fat middle-aged American guys in white fringed buckskin cowboy outfits. 

I was genuinely shocked to discover how many young female wids were into Country music in a big way. "But, but, you're young...you're attractive!" Sadly, my preferred musical genre (Blues) doesn't draw wids in the same measure. 

3 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Country & Western videos seem to have an inordinate amount of “wids” in them, also quite alarmingly, a lot of the younger artists seem to act like gangsta rappers in their videos (hand gestures like fiddy, flavor flav etc).

Flavor Flav is just a few months shy of his 60th birthday. Looking forward to a new wave of bus pass rappers flashing their B&Q Diamond cards. 

21 hours ago, Romeo said:

Get my PET scan tomorrow to see if the cancer I was diagnosed with earlier this year has gone away following chemo and radiotherapy.

Don't know how i'll be if it's still there. Won't find out for about a week...:unsure2:

Doubt I could go through treatment again, months of being sick then nasal feeding tubes and horrible medication.

Nervous as f**k.

How did it go?

Is the Cellar the one right across from the college*, aye?  Maybe I'll need to go back for a reunion.

*University, I know.
I'll have to come with you..just to make sure you're okay, nothing to do with beer and naked ladies...nothing to do with that at all.

13 minutes ago, Romeo said:
20 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:
Is the Cellar the one right across from the college*, aye?  Maybe I'll need to go back for a reunion.

*University, I know.

I'll have to come with you..just to make sure you're okay, nothing to do with beer and naked ladies...nothing to do with that at all.

Thanks, wingman.

Experienced my first road rage incident today. Driving onto a roundabout in the totally normal way I always do, guy behind me started flashing his lights and beeping his horn. I hadn’t done anything wrong so assumed it was aimed at someone else, he then swung round onto the outside lane, stopped, wound down his window and started shouting at me. I couldn’t hear what he said because I had my windows up, I assume he wasn’t asking what sort of MPG I got on my commute.

I’ve thought about it and I didn’t do anything at all wrong, it was really bizarre. I go through the roundabout every day and know I was in my lane and didn’t jump the light. Really odd. It’s kind of crazy that there are people who drive about on the edge of an absolute meltdown like that.

Experienced my first road rage incident today. Driving onto a roundabout in the totally normal way I always do, guy behind me started flashing his lights and beeping his horn. I hadn’t done anything wrong so assumed it was aimed at someone else, he then swung round onto the outside lane, stopped, wound down his window and started shouting at me. I couldn’t hear what he said because I had my windows up, I assume he wasn’t asking what sort of MPG I got on my commute.

I’ve thought about it and I didn’t do anything at all wrong, it was really bizarre. I go through the roundabout every day and know I was in my lane and didn’t jump the light. Really odd. It’s kind of crazy that there are people who drive about on the edge of an absolute meltdown like that.
Are you sure all your indicators are working? Maybe you were indicating but the bulbs gone?

He could be someone on here who's got a problem with something you've posted? Check anyone who's recently red dotted you.

9 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Bank cancelled my card without telling me, and the new one they sent has gone walkies. Cancelled that one and requested to have another posted out which will take 3-5 days. If I need cash I have to go to a branch with ID. <_< 

Transfer £50 or so to a pal/work colleague and get them to lift it out for ye?

29 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Did you signal correctly? Or was there a baby lying on your boot waiting for her mother to dash into buy nappies while she dashed into the shop and you drove off?

I was going straight on.

When he was shouting at me I genuinely turned and looked behind me in case he was shouting at someone else, which I don’t think helped things. I also kind of shrugged when he was shouting, it was a really odd experience.

A potential P&B night out. ?Screenshot_20181129-165348__01.thumb.jpg.63396b816fa7e68b19b681d265562d2a.jpg

If I’m not mistaken, in my day (enrolled in a College, graduated from a University!) that was Pats Bar was it not?

Early 90s it was something daft like £1.40 for a PBnC (look it up kids if you have to) and a pint. And, given that a pint was about £1.10 in its own right, too often were two lunches consumed in the one break. Seem to recall they had one of the first video juke boxes too. Ahhhh, happy days...