Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

7 hours ago, sjc said:

What is the condition called?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trypophobia

researchers hypothesize that it is the result of a biological revulsion that associates trypophobic shapes with danger or disease, and may therefore have an evolutionary basis

Imagery of various venomous animals (for example, certain types of snakes, insects, and spiders) have visual characteristics similar to trypophobic imagery. Because of this, it is hypothesized that trypophobia has an evolutionary basis meant to alert humans of dangerous organisms.

VictoriousElectricFoxhound-max-1mb.gif

Oh it's a snaaaake!

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
31 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

That sums it up for me. I associate it with disease. To me it looks parasitic, almost alive. I also get the heebies when someone mentions a fungal infection.

Should this be filed under squeamishness then, or can you deal with the good old gore.com but find the holey patterns to be the exception?

Just reminded myself of the poster that sent me a video showing a post-car crash woman attempting to push her face back on (and dangling eyeball back in).  That might be the one and only thing online that's ever given me the heebie jeebies.  That and seeing that Darren Dods was staying on.

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

Should this be filed under squeamishness then, or can you deal with the good old gore.com but find the holey patterns to be the exception?

Just reminded myself of the poster that sent me a video showing a post-car crash woman attempting to push her face back on (and dangling eyeball back in).  That might be the one and only thing online that's ever given me the heebie jeebies.  That and seeing that Darren Dods was staying on.

Na it's not squeamishness. I dont like that other shit you speak of, but there is something about the trypophobia stuff that gives me the fear. I am by no means an extreme case I dont think, but when it reard its head in the news last year it was the first time I ever realised it was fairly common and it had a name. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Na it's not squeamishness. I dont like that other shit you speak of, but there is something about the trypophobia stuff that gives me the fear. I am by no means an extreme case I dont think, but when it reard its head in the news last year it was the first time I ever realised it was fairly common and it had a name. 

It's something in your lizard brain that you've no control over.  I know it's a ridiculous thing to allow it to affect me the way it does, but that picture of the foot genuinely makes me want to spew/jump out a window.

8 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

It's something in your lizard brain that you've no control over.  I know it's a ridiculous thing to allow it to affect me the way it does, but that picture of the foot genuinely makes me want to spew/jump out a window.

Do the second one.

I admit I didn't pause too long looking at the foot but I'm glad I'm not the only one that nearly got the boak. Things with lots of little holes have often done that to me but f**k me, that was a bad one.

6 minutes ago, philpy said:
40 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:
I'm not going anywhere near that thing.  F*** right off.

^^^^ verge of toes

Nope, next level up:  Sobbing uncon-toe-ably.

Edited by Hedgecutter

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
20 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:
What even is it, mangoworm infection?

Never heard of this. Any pics or vids?

Damn nature, you scary.

How come you only see the cute and colourful creations on Attenborough?  Antimangwormism IMO.

Edited by Hedgecutter