Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Blackpool is absolutely a shitehole, but you can have fun in a shitehole with the right group of people.

I would go on throbbers stag tbqh.

You wouldn't get on anything at the shows. I'd wait with you because I'm too scared to go on anything.

46 minutes ago, bennett said:

Don't mind Blackpool for a wee break every so often,  though I usually stick a few rods in the car and when I'm doon there I can bugger off for a while.

Never go anywhere without a few rods.

rod-stewart-main.jpg

Pot Noodles are absolutely horrific.

No idea why anyone gets annoyed at someone else wishing to identify with the gender of their choice, or why anyone else feels it's their business.

Bowie was supremely overrated. Definitely one of the most overrated of all time. Perhaps you had to have been around when he was in his prime. I can see how his look/style and different approach to music would have been a big standout at the time, but I find him a bland creep with a couple of decent tunes and a whole lot of 'meh'.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, throbber said:
Almost everyone who enjoys football and a drink would enjoy it. Nobody who goes to Blackpool really cares if it’s a shit hole - it is what it is and it’s a good laugh. It’s no surprise to see our resident grumpy old man Rugster complain about it as if it’s beneath him. 

Its beneath most folk, including me, but I am more than happy to lower myself on occasion

InfantileDisloyalBordercollie-size_restr

22 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Blackpool and frozen pizzas with mango on them.

Living the high life m8.

Cheers Mel but I don't want to come across as if I'm boasting. 

No idea why anyone gets annoyed at someone else wishing to identify with the gender of their choice, or why anyone else feels it's their business.

Twice in my life people have expressed opinions about this issue based on their personal experience. Once was a relative of mine who worked in a voluntary job. One of the male members of staff took a two week holiday and returned as a woman, having gone for an operation abroad. He told the rest of them that he should be referred to as a female name, demanded to use the women’s toilets etc. My relative said the whole thing was very jarring and odd and made all the women who worked there very uncomfortable. The person involved eventually went back to living as a man but my relative has left by then.

Second time was a colleague in one of my previous jobs, who mentioned that she had once worked with someone who got a sex change and that while everything went fine a lot do the women who worked there felt odd when they encountered their colleague in the toilets. She said a few of them just felt like they didn’t like it and if possible would avoid her in the toilets. She said it was nothing their colleague did at all, she said she couldn’t really explain it logically.

Those are the only two times anyone has ever expressed a view to me directly about the issue that seems to break the internet every ten minutes.

For all the slagging he gets, I see a lot of people on this thread angling for invitations to Throbber's stag do. Don't worry Throbs, you don't need to invite me. Sadly, I've reached an age where the music's too loud, the beer's too expensive and what are those girls' parents thinking, letting them out dressed like that? I fear I'm only a few years away from wondering what the world's coming to.

Had some cracking days/nights out in Blackpool back in the day though. 

1 minute ago, Shotgun said:

For all the slagging he gets, I see a lot of people on this thread angling for invitations to Throbber's stag do. Don't worry Throbs, you don't need to invite me. Sadly, I've reached an age where the music's too loud, the beer's too expensive and what are those girls' parents thinking, letting them out dressed like that? I fear I'm only a few years away from wondering what the world's coming to.

Had some cracking days/nights out in Blackpool back in the day though. 

Not alone !!!!!  I am not alone !!!!!!!!!  😎😆

(Never been to Blackpool though.)

8 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Sadly, I've reached an age where the music's too loud, the beer's too expensive and what are those girls' parents thinking, letting them out dressed like that? 

This, plus making an 'oooooft' noise any time you sit down, stand up again, bend over to tie your laces, etc. 

the music's too loud

Apparently one risk point of spreading Covid indoors is speaking loudly so a lot of pubs, bars and restaurants are going to stop having loud music.  I think this development makes all the death and economic destruction worthwhile.

9 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Not alone !!!!!  I am not alone !!!!!!!!!  😎😆

(Never been to Blackpool though.)

Us old farts should perhaps take a trip then. We can find a quiet back street pub and moan about things. I already have a bunnet but haven't yet plucked up the courage to wear a tie with a v-neck jumper.

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

This, plus making an 'oooooft' noise any time you sit down, stand up again, bend over to tie your laces, etc. 

🤣 Just this week I realised I've been doing this every time I get off the couch. I had no idea and I'm not sure how long it's been going on. I had to ask Mrs. Shotgun to tell me if she catches me doing it so I can try and break the habit.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Apparently one risk point of spreading Covid indoors is speaking loudly so a lot of pubs, bars and restaurants are going to stop having loud music.  I think this development makes all the death and economic destruction worthwhile.

I distinctly remember the first time I heard myself complain about the music being so loud in here you couldn't have a decent conversation. I was only in my thirties and at the time, I was horrified that those words had come out of my mouth. They say we all turn into our parents eventually and at 57, I am in many ways disturbingly like my Dad.

4 hours ago, throbber said:

I managed to gather £1.10  mostly in coolers and bought a Bombay bad boy from the paper shop across the road from me and counted out the pennies in front of the shop keeper who looked absolutely disgusted at me throughout the transaction. Then when I was eating it I had a phone call from an agency about a possible job (which I never got btw) and the pot noodle was cold when I got back to it.

It's as if Peter Ustinov was in the room.

Blackpool is an absolute shitehole. It's really depressing to be there during the day and see everything crumbling round you from what was clearly a cracking wee resort back in the day.

It is an absolute brilliant place to visit every now and then though!

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Is Dr Who a woman now? It's political correctness gone mad, I tell you. 

The exact reason why I never watch it now. Not because the title character is now a woman but because of the political correctness pish.