Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 30/05/2020 at 11:23, WhiteRoseKillie said:
On 30/05/2020 at 00:43, tamthebam said:
I've just discovered that there was a character in "Mork and Mindy" called Arnold W@nker.
He was a landlord.

Also Peggy's maiden name in Married With Children.

Christ, how did I not know this.

w**k is a real surname, originating from Austria IIRC. There's an Austrian drummer called Alex w**k, and a Mount w**k in Bavaria.

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a nearby peak called Güdgai  :(

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The f**k is wrong with Bennett today?

Today?!

Edit: not sure why he's back on form; he's mostly been (bo)vine lately.

(best I've got, sorry)

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

11 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Christ, how did I not know this.

w**k is a real surname, originating from Austria IIRC. There's an Austrian drummer called Alex w**k, and a Mount w**k in Bavaria.

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be a nearby peak called Güdgai  :(

Today?!

Edit: not sure why he's back on form; he's mostly been (bo)vine lately.

(best I've got, sorry)

Greenie for that bit.

Just had an International Call warning us that the internet is going to be disconnected for "illegal activity". "Press 1 to speak to an operator." Aye, o.k.

However, we got a text message at 5.45 am for the young adult we used to care for, who has obviously given this number as a contact. Maybe the two calls are completely unrelated or maybe it's his internet that's going to be disconnected. Knowing the sort of sites he used to try to access, he could well have been undertaking illegal activity.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Just had an International Call warning us that the internet is going to be disconnected for "illegal activity". "Press 1 to speak to an operator." Aye, o.k.

However, we got a text message at 5.45 am for the young adult we used to care for, who has obviously given this number as a contact. Maybe the two calls are completely unrelated or maybe it's his internet that's going to be disconnected. Knowing the sort of sites he used to tey to access, he could well have been undertaking illegal activity.

Please tell me you don't think the polis give you a call about disconnecting your internet if they think you've been involved in illegal activity.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Please tell me you don't think the polis give you a call about disconnecting your internet if they think you've been involved in illegal activity.

What?

8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

What?

Sorry if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick, but your post reads as though you think there's a chance that the call you received might not be a scam.

Edit: also, and I'm sorry for missing this aspect the first time round - WTF was your young adult doing?  :blink:

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

17 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

However, we got a text message at 5.45 am for the young adult we used to care for, who has obviously given this number as a contact. Maybe the two calls are completely unrelated or maybe it's his internet that's going to be disconnected. Knowing the sort of sites he used to try to access, he could well have been undertaking illegal activity.

I got an email from a fake outfit last night saying my direct debit for my TV Licence had failed and could I set up another debit.

Seeing as I renewed in full in March the email was binned and blocked.

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Sorry if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick, but your post reads as though you think there's a chance that the call you received might not be a scam.

i think it's a scam - as does my wife - but the coincidence of getting a text message for him and a couple of hours later getting the "internet going to be disconnected" speil has me wondering.

12 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

The polis will be phoning everyone from that beard thread IMO. 

My wife got a call/text a couple of weeks ago warning her that her password (for her bank account, I think) had been compromised and quoted part of her password. She didn't do anything about but sat and worried about it. Eventually she contacted the bank - or they may have contacted her - and was reassured that it was a scam and she did the right thing by doing nothing.

ETA: Answer to @Zen Archer Esq.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The polis will be phoning everyone from that beard thread IMO. 

I've had a suspicious number of emails lately asking me to confirm my bank details as evidence that I'm not a tramp.

Little do they know that I am a massive tramp, and there's not a thing they can do about it!

6 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Edit: also, and I'm sorry for missing this aspect the first time round - WTF was your young adult doing?  :blink:

Probably what the rest of us do online tbf.