Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 hours ago, 101 said:

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/investigation-launched-as-pigs-hammered-to-death-at-high-welfare-farm-271629?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=JOE.co.uk&utm_campaign=feed

Thought the boy on here left the slaughter house, or has another poster taken up employment in a similar position.

That "farm" should be closed down immediately.

Nearly got my shopping for free today at Tesco. Some daft tit had left their card in the card machine, which I didn't notice, and when I hit 'pay' on the scanner, the card machine tried to take a contactless payment from said card.

Fortunately it was over the contactless limit* so the payment never went through. I handed the card in to customer service.

*My weekly shops are usually well under the limit, but I got a few extra items today.

12 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I had that poster. I gave it to a mad Columbian bird I met at a bus stop 

Didn't get any national product of Columbia in return for it though..

I had the film poster with the 5 main characters. They seem to get a few quid on eBay now. 

I enjoy UK rap in the 2018-2020 time period when WAP meant gun, since Cardi B changed the word it's class listening to rappers from back then going on about getting their WAPs out. 

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I had that poster. I gave it to a mad Columbian bird I met at a bus stop 

Didn't get any national product of Columbia in return for it though..

Why were you at a bus stop in Columbia?

We were at a family funeral here yesterday - mother and 21 year-old son who died in a house fire.  Tragic.  Anyway, after the 45-minute service we had over an hour of taking photos with the coffins.  It was all orchestrated and there was even an MC organising the whole thing with a professional photography team, video and all.  Zooming in on folk in tears of which there were plenty in the circumstances. There was another similar session at the cemetery. Then, to round it all off, we went to the scene of the fire to light candles.   I know it's cultural but it all seemed so crass.  

No sausage rolls either.  

(As an aside, the fire station was literally one hundred yards up the street from the house - it took them 20+ minutes to get to the scene and when they arrived their water tank was empty!  I believe they were all fired - no pun  intended).

42 minutes ago, hk blues said:

We were at a family funeral here yesterday - mother and 21 year-old son who died in a house fire.  Tragic.  Anyway, after the 45-minute service we had over an hour of taking photos with the coffins.  It was all orchestrated and there was even an MC organising the whole thing with a professional photography team, video and all.  Zooming in on folk in tears of which there were plenty in the circumstances. There was another similar session at the cemetery. Then, to round it all off, we went to the scene of the fire to light candles.   I know it's cultural but it all seemed so crass.  

No sausage rolls either.  

(As an aside, the fire station was literally one hundred yards up the street from the house - it took them 20+ minutes to get to the scene and when they arrived their water tank was empty!  I believe they were all fired - no pun  intended).

I could probably put up with all the photographs, videoing, candles etc if there was a feed after. Sometimes that's the main reason I go to a funeral - "At least there will be a feed after".

Been told by a few people recently that my employer is one of the most difficult in our sector to get hired by. I can’t help but wonder how I slipped through the net. The best I can offer them is world class mediocrity.

40 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I could probably put up with all the photographs, videoing, candles etc if there was a feed after. Sometimes that's the main reason I go to a funeral - "At least there will be a feed after".

Yep, I missed the purvey which was last week apparently.  I wasn't made aware of that in advance which was probably as well as the only thing keeping me going through the photo shoot was the  thought of sausage rolls and beer.  To be fair, there were refreshments provided at the cemetery (burgers, some local snack and soft drinks) but that also seems weird to me, munching on food in such a setting.  

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Then, to round it all off, we went to the scene of the fire to light candles.   

26 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Bit ironic, that.

Just makkin siccar, imho.

36 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Well, yes.  The irony was lost on the family members though.  

In the wake (no pun intended) of the Boxing Day tsunami, the PA at East End Park played Tsunami  by The Manics to honour the dead. The chorus goes Tsunami, tsunami cake washing over me, aaaaargh. I’m sure the intentions were good!