Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

14 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Had a fantastic day with the kids exploring the old Dunmore Estate.  Home of the pineapple and several old ruined buildings which were a tad creepy including a noose in old church, I wouldn't fancy being there in  the dark.  The woods were a good walk.   Great fun on  a lovely day.

Screenshot_20210321-173916_Gallery.thumb.jpg.768e1df6c7b6687111d59d6eb2f773b1.jpgScreenshot_20210321-173900_Gallery.thumb.jpg.c91f9a7bc5a4a0a7786cf39f19f2be48.jpg

It's an amazing building.

Did you find the wee graveyard near the church?

13 hours ago, Tynierose said:

I did a little investigating and apparently there was talk pre pandemic of trying to restore them, would be some project but would like to see the end result.  

Yeah there was, been murmurings about it being restored on and off for a while. Think the restoration chat rose again in recent years after it was used for scenes in Outlander.

Didn't somebody say that the 1901 Irn-Bru isn't the same as the pre-Sugar Tax Irn-Bru? Sort of a better than nothing, but still not as good situation?

15 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Had a fantastic day with the kids exploring the old Dunmore Estate.  Home of the pineapple and several old ruined buildings which were a tad creepy including a noose in old church, I wouldn't fancy being there in  the dark.  The woods were a good walk.   Great fun on  a lovely day.

Screenshot_20210321-173916_Gallery.thumb.jpg.768e1df6c7b6687111d59d6eb2f773b1.jpgScreenshot_20210321-173900_Gallery.thumb.jpg.c91f9a7bc5a4a0a7786cf39f19f2be48.jpg

Also, the stables for that house are a fantastic building in their own right.

11 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I miss the headsgone thread, bring it back I say...

When you actually think about it, it's an excellent moderation tool. If shit is going down somewhere it gets flagged up in the thread & it is just a case of prepping the banhammer before heading to the source. Still too scared of His Eminence to restart it myself though.

3 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

When you actually think about it, it's an excellent moderation tool. If shit is going down somewhere it gets flagged up in the thread & it is just a case of prepping the banhammer before heading to the source. Still too scared of His Eminence to restart it myself though.

Was it not binned due in no small part to your whinging about the toxicity of the thread? 

8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Was it not binned due in no small part to your whinging about the toxicity of the thread? 

Sadly I played a part, yes. Thankfully after a long spell of treatment (still ongoing), I do not recognise the mangled mess I had become in every facet of my life, I will still have the odd to & fro as we all do now & again but never again will I be such an angry, argumentative idiot.

4 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Sadly I played a part, yes. Thankfully after a long spell of treatment (still ongoing), I do not recognise the mangled mess I had become in every facet of my life, I will still have the odd to & fro as we all do now & again but never again will I be such an angry, argumentative idiot.

This forum is full of angry argumentative idiots - fill your boots j say. 

16 hours ago, Pato said:

That building and the monastery nearby are so impressive and it's such a shame they're slowly falling to bits. They'd make cracking wedding venues.

The Parsonage is pretty much part of the same estate which is a wedding venue. 

Its a lovely area - just a shame you have to go through either Airth or Fallin to get to them.

9 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Can we have that in writing ??    Oh, wait . . . . . . . . .

I am also adopting said approach   #measwell