Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Zuckerberg seems like he might actually be quite good at jiu jitsu, he won a tournament a few months back.  No idea about Musk's background in anything though.  They will both have amazing trainers and loads of high end PEDs of course.

I trained in jiu jitsu for a while many years ago, it's a great martial art - probably the best I'd say.  Highly recommend it to anyone.

I still think I could batter both Zuck and Musk.

10 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'd rather have a square go than, say, travel to the bottom of the ocean in a dustbin controlled by an Xbox controller.

Still prefer an Xbox controller than to die due to joy-con drift issues.

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Zuckerberg seems like he might actually be quite good at jiu jitsu, he won a tournament a few months back.  No idea about Musk's background in anything though.  They will both have amazing trainers and loads of high end PEDs of course.

I trained in jiu jitsu for a while many years ago, it's a great martial art - probably the best I'd say.  Highly recommend it to anyone.

I still think I could batter both Zuck and Musk.

Think its widely accepted that the most functional combo for proper self defense is jiu jitsu and muay thai. 

Traditional Martial Arts have been rendered obsolete by the MMA scene, although i'm a big fan of them for body conditioning and mental health.

Woke up this morning like Quasi Modo. Phoned my doctor who after ten minutes told me I'm better phoning the optician as they deal with eyes and after ten minutes on the phone to them I can't get an emergency appointment until next week.

Splendid.

Just now, Derry Alli said:

Woke up this morning like Quasi Modo. Phoned my doctor who after ten minutes told me I'm better phoning the optician as they deal with eyes and after ten minutes on the phone to them I can't get an emergency appointment until next week.

Splendid.

Gave him a bell, surely?

1 minute ago, Derry Alli said:

Splendid.

A&E it is then..

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

A&E it is then..

Apparently I am not tied to my optician but they've taken all my details and I don't want to phone around loads to get seen sooner and have my phone constantly ringing with opticians wanting to speak to me about my eyes.

1 minute ago, Derry Alli said:

Apparently I am not tied to my optician but they've taken all my details and I don't want to phone around loads to get seen sooner and have my phone constantly ringing with opticians wanting to speak to me about my eyes.

I'd just walk into Specsavers and see if they can fit you in for an emergency appointment, think I might have had the odd email over the years but that's about it.

16 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Splendid.

Why are you going to an optician for a hunchback?

On 21/06/2023 at 16:53, carpetmonster said:

I wish I still had the same dentist as when I was wee. Fitba-mad Geordie that used to have Shoot! and Match in the waiting room. Nowadays it's just interior design magazines and Porsche owners monthlies. 

Charles and Camilla thread for that sort of chat...