Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

For the second time the old neighbour a few doors along got a parcel for us, (wrongly addressed) for the second time grumpily handed it over saying "it's happened again" and for the second time I said "I don't control what address people choose to write" I think this will continue until one of us dies, fortunately he's considerably older than me. Weird thing is, he's a really pleasant guy any other time, wondering if it's some kind of banter thing he thinks we have going. 

What did you go for? 

Actually came to my senses & realised Christmas is ahead & I'm soon to be skint.

Cancelled the Bose ones & went for Sennheiser cX.

Cheapskate option. (But maybe sensible)

Unsure if I should share this here, especially as I'm not sure how to use the spoiler function, so if you're easily upset skip the rest of this.

Last night I had such a horrific and confusing dream. Its afternoon now and I'm still not over it. I barely ever remember my dreams as well, so God knows why this one has stayed with me. 

I'm my dream I was the owner of Falkirk Football Club. I am not a Falkirk fan nor do I live in or near Falkrik. As you can imagine I am still slightly shaken by it. What does it mean? Why would my brain do this to me?

Hiker and his dog (Jack Russell) fail to return from mountain hike on 19th August. Body of hiker found by a hunter, along with the very much alive dog, on 30th October.

How on earth could the dog survive for 10 weeks whilst his owner perished ? What could the dog have been eating in order to provide life-giving sustenance ?

I can only surmise that the wee dog managed to unzip his master's rucksack, prise open the tupperware box containing sandwiches, chocolate eclairs & doggie treats and eke out these comestibles until the inevitable last-minute rescue arrived.

Greyfriars Bobby has nothing on this wee mutt, no sirree....................

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/nov/13/colorado-missing-hiker-found

2 hours ago, Venti said:

Actually came to my senses & realised Christmas is ahead & I'm soon to be skint.

Ah was hoping you might say the Sony WF1000 ones, almost got those but went for Apple Airpods. I'm not an Apple fan boy but I'd recommend them, noise cancelling is rather good. 

I kinda wanted headphones but didn't want to be one of those c***s that wears headphones out n about. 

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Hiker and his dog (Jack Russell) fail to return from mountain hike on 19th August. Body of hiker found by a hunter, along with the very much alive dog, on 30th October.

How on earth could the dog survive for 10 weeks whilst his owner perished ? What could the dog have been eating in order to provide life-giving sustenance ?

He could have eaten his owner, I guess. 

2 hours ago, Venti said:

I got the Monentum True Wireless 2 a couple of years ago. Sennheiser were doing a half price promo during the Euros so got them for £99.95.

Sound quality and noise cancelling are superb and battery life is great due to the wee charging case.

Only gripe us that they can be a bit difficult to remove from your ears. 

3 hours ago, Beans on Toast said:

Unsure if I should share this here, especially as I'm not sure how to use the spoiler function, so if you're easily upset skip the rest of this.

Last night I had such a horrific and confusing dream. Its afternoon now and I'm still not over it. I barely ever remember my dreams as well, so God knows why this one has stayed with me. 

I'm my dream I was the owner of Falkirk Football Club. I am not a Falkirk fan nor do I live in or near Falkrik. As you can imagine I am still slightly shaken by it. What does it mean? Why would my brain do this to me?

Did you want a cowboy outfit when you were wee?

6 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I can only surmise that the wee dog managed to unzip his master's rucksack, prise open the tupperware box containing sandwiches, chocolate eclairs & doggie treats and eke out these comestibles until the inevitable last-minute rescue arrived.

Greyfriars Bobby has nothing on this wee mutt, no sirree....................

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/nov/13/colorado-missing-hiker-found

My next door neighbour has three cats and he called in to me one day to check my shed and garden for "Blacky" who had gone missing. Couldnt see him at all.

3 weeks later i see the cat walking past my house so i said to the neighbour i see the cat came back.

Apparently someone dropped a car off at the mechanics two doors up and the cat got inside while the door was open. It was stuck in the car for more than two weeks during the heatwave last year. The windows were blacked out too and nobody noticed it. No idea how it survived with no food or water in that heat.

7 hours ago, thistledo said:

Ah was hoping you might say the Sony WF1000 ones, almost got those but went for Apple Airpods. I'm not an Apple fan boy but I'd recommend them, noise cancelling is rather good. 

I kinda wanted headphones but didn't want to be one of those c***s that wears headphones out n about. 

You just have to own it. I bought Sony headphones last Christmas, one of the best purchases I’ve made in a while, even if I do look a c**t wearing them out and about. 

12 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

My next door neighbour has three cats and he called in to me one day to check my shed and garden for "Blacky" who had gone missing. Couldnt see him at all.

3 weeks later i see the cat walking past my house so i said to the neighbour i see the cat came back.

Apparently someone dropped a car off at the mechanics two doors up and the cat got inside while the door was open. It was stuck in the car for more than two weeks during the heatwave last year. The windows were blacked out too and nobody noticed it. No idea how it survived with no food or water in that heat.

It must have had a source of water - cats can't survive more than 3 or 4 days with no water.  Food for a couple of weeks is doable, though.