Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I saw a lorry from North Macedonia on the M9 yesterday evening. 

I actually had to do a double take because I've been to North Macedonia quite a few times and when I was overtaking the lorry I saw the numberplate and automatically thought "oh, that lorry's from Skopje... wait a minute..."

Bringing the rest of the United signings hopefully.

I happened upon an episode of Sorry! Aye that 80s comedy with Ronnie Corbett. This one apparently from 1987.

Timothy: This putter is out of shape since you hit that caddy chap. 

Phyllis: Badly bent? 

Timothy: Oh maybe he was but that's no reason to lay about him. 

36 minutes ago, sophia said:

I happened upon an episode of Sorry! Aye that 80s comedy with Ronnie Corbett. This one apparently from 1987.

Ok. 

12 hours ago, sophia said:

OIP (45).jpeg

I watched one of those "most popular song each month" videos and have found that any form of musical knowledge fell off a cliff five years ago.

Although I recognise a tiny handful of the artist names (e.g. Ariana  Grande) I genuinely don't recognise any of the songs, bar two:

Cold Heart by Elton John et al., and Running Up That Hill by Kate Bush... so basically, I've heard one of the 50 odd new ones. 😬

This is what happens when you properly ditch Radio 1 and the Northsound/Tay/Forth FM stations.  All I can say is that I feel like I've dodged a bullet, at the expense of becoming this:

Edited by Hedgecutter

image.thumb.png.7fccbe4e4b6f9a85d6ed422362238fc2.png

One way of interpreting this is that if it wasn't for football, gigs and the pub, childless people would prefer spending the rest of their lives unconscious.

And yes, searching for a job when you're unemployed and in need of one is the most horrifically demoralising activity known to man.

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

image.thumb.png.7fccbe4e4b6f9a85d6ed422362238fc2.png

One way of interpreting this is that if it wasn't for football, gigs and the pub, childless people would prefer spending the rest of their lives unconscious.

And yes, searching for a job when you're unemployed and in need of one is the most horrifically demoralising activity known to man.

What sort of fucking weirdos prefer ‘religious acts’ to hobbies, parties, visiting friends, sport or listening to music?

Unless there was a statistically skewed number of paedophile priests amongst those surveyed.

On 13/06/2024 at 00:08, Swarley said:

Am sure thats just off the M74, close to Abington services. Used to chuckle at it as a kid every time we drove North to Glasgow.

Spotted it today…

IMG_2080.thumb.jpeg.5fb0317f486245a9705891024eeb29e7.jpeg