Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Any word on the job interview yet big man?

Got a letter back today saying that I didn't get the job. Decided to give them a call for feedback and they said that I done nothing wrong in my interview it was just they took someone more qualified on. (whether their talking shit or not is a different matter)

Decided to get my offshore survival and medical done to go on the rigs. Called the navy resettlement people today and they are going to get back to me with more info. In the meantime I'm waiting on my redundancy payoff so can live off that for a bit. Also handed in a application and cv to the glassworks in Alloa. Their taking loads of people on so hopefully be able to do that and bouncing whilst I'm waiting for a job on the rigs.

Bit of a bummer not getting the job but just need to move on.

I've just 'invented' a stupid game using Google Earth where you land somewhere random and try to guess where you are, kind of like being an early explorer.

Just divert your eyes away from the screen, spin the whole thing around in various directions numerous times and then blindly zoom right into the land using the mouse scroll-button. After that, try and guess where you are by following rivers, going up mountains where the gradient would allow etc at a low elevation and slow rate. Labels should be turned off so Spanish place names for example don't make life easier.

In the likely event you land on open water, pick a direction and fly low until you reach land. My last trip had me finding a Chilean volcano miles out into the Pacific, the one before that ending up at the foothills of the Himalayas. Got lost!

It's quite sad really but annoyingly addictive for me. sad.gif

Columbus-Taking-Possession.jpg

Spent a night in Alicante on the way back from holiday, and it was surprisingly good. I was expecting something trashy like Benidorm but as cities go (at least the centre) it was quite nice, good food, cheap tapas in the side-street bars, and easy and cheap to get to from Scotland. Would like to go back for a long weekend sometime.

Would also like to just travel around Spain in general, the scenery and the way of life seems great.

Turns out that a guy from work (from Peterborough) thought that another workmate and I have been on the weed for a while as we said were 'going on the blaze' after work on a Friday a few weeks ago.

it would seem that 'Blaze' means getting high down there rather than drunk up here. I found it rather amusing anyway.

Turns out that a guy from work (from Peterborough) thought that another workmate and I have been on the weed for a while as we said were 'going on the blaze' after work on a Friday a few weeks ago.

it would seem that 'Blaze' means getting high down there rather than drunk up here. I found it rather amusing anyway.

I thought it meant you were shagging Catherine tate. Ah well.

My Brother is moving into a flat uptown with his bird next month. My Sister will be moving into one with her boyfriend the month after. What makes me feel weird about this is that they are a year and a half and 4 years younger than me respectively. I feel rather childish and apathetic now that I have made f**k all effort in doing the same.

The train station is impressive if I remember correctly. I remember being in a nice wee pub round the corner where a round was really cheap. I liked it.

Keleti? I've spent a fair amount of time there and at the bus station next door, definitely some cheap bars around :)

Back in Bristol now, had to move back for medical reasons. Bit of culture shock kicking in and the weather has definitely not been very welcoming!

I recently moved back in with my mum. Forget what society says, we're winners here! Life of riley, here I come!

I love my wee mum dearly, but to be frank, I'd rather kill myself than move back in with her. It's a nightmare going back home after you've had your own freedom and space.

I recently moved back in with my mum. Forget what society says, we're winners here! Life of riley, here I come!

I haven't actually moved out to feel the pain of moving back in yet, it's something I could see happening to myself one day. I do try to save money as means one day being able to afford a deposit for buying instead of renting, but something always gets in the way. New Car, holiday, more beer tokens etc.

Going to Berlin on Saturday for 5 days. Heard plenty of good things about the city so I'm rather looking forward to it.

I went there a few years ago for a weekend surprise romantic away thingy... got a really cheap deal off the internet for flights and accomadation etc but f**k me, the food/drink/taxis etc were expensive... only Dublin is dearer IMO.

Stunning place though, mesmerising history and buildings etc and great food and entertainment etc... if a bit pricey. Worth it though

My Brother is moving into a flat uptown with his bird next month. My Sister will be moving into one with her boyfriend the month after. What makes me feel weird about this is that they are a year and a half and 4 years younger than me respectively. I feel rather childish and apathetic now that I have made f**k all effort in doing the same.

^^^

Can't get a bird.