Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Played poker tonight, I busted with pocket 8s against AQ and lost. Anyway, after the game finished we all played jingys against the pub wall. Great memories when at school. I ended up £4 down at this but it made the night. What a game.

Start a new job tomorrow. Got to get a bus at half 7 so was hoping to get up around half 6 and make sure I was ready for it and also have a bit breakfast and what not. Woke up today at 11 and also had a little 3 hour nap at 5. Never going to sleep tonight. I hate myself.

Best of luck with the job!

After realising that a pile of stuff on P&B originates from American Psycho which I'd never seen, I made a point yesterday of getting it for the evening so I went to hmv during my lunchtime. Did they have it? No. So after work, I pop in past Blockbuster with their massive collection of old films. Did they have it? No (although they did even have Dead Snow which I'd been hunting down for ages).

I then went to our giant Tesco and even though they had a decent collection of films, they never had it either. Something online will have to suffice but I wanted it last night seeing as I had nothing on dammit!

I've also had a similarly fruitless mission to find some Pink Floyd but I can't find any in CD form, not even Echos / Best of. Music shops are shite these days.

Eating oatcakes and cheese. A wonderful drunken meal.

Indeed. Oatcakes are the way to go as crackers are tasteless and shite and simply steal the flavour. I quite often pick the cheese off, eat it on its own and then eat the tasty oatcake by itself. Yummy.

After realising that a pile of stuff on P&B originates from American Psycho which I'd never seen, I made a point yesterday of getting it for the evening so I went to hmv during my lunchtime. Did they have it? No. So after work, I pop in past Blockbuster with their massive collection of old films. Did they have it? No (although they did even have Dead Snow which I'd been hunting down for ages).

I then went to our giant Tesco and even though they had a decent collection of films, they never had it either. Something online will have to suffice but I wanted it last night seeing as I had nothing on dammit!

I've also had a similarly fruitless mission to find some Pink Floyd but I can't find any in CD form, not even Echos / Best of. Music shops are shite these days.

tumblr_mat4udTcrk1qgleipo1_400.gif

They're all cancelled, just been to collect it. Shall be writing to head office.

They didn't all get cancelled. Plenty on Hot Deals UK got theirs honoured for delivery though I've no idea what the criteria was for deciding who got theirs and who didn't.

I was told when I called that there were over 5,000 affected by this, their software was 'manipulated and vouchers subsequently illegally circulated' all of which were cancelled. She also said some folk were selling the code for £8 on eBay :lol: .. They've probably honoured the actual grocery shops and binned all the alky orders.

You would think, but no! There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the cancellations. It's very strange. Link.

This shouldn't be such a big deal, but I just saw a couple of police on horseback in Aberdeen. Even the old woman beside me on Union Street said to her friend "I've never, ever seen that in Aberdeen before". I predict a riot.

Eta: It's made the news on Northsound Radio. I s*** you not.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Usually when misprices are honoured it's those who order early and can get fully through the automated system before the glitc is notices.

My guess would have been those that ordered before they started getting really heavy site traffic (and therefore most likely those before the sharing of the code etc) would be the ones getting honoured. It's hard to tell but it makes the most sense.