Procycling thread

myshkin

20 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Remco, Roglic and Aysuo crash hard in a mass pile up at the Dauphine.

Remco was left sitting on the road for an absolute age, holding his shoulder, until the stage was neutralised. He did climb back on and pedal in with the peloton.

van Baarle and Kruijswijk have abandoned though. van Baarle in particular seemed to be in a bad way as he was loaded into the ambulance.

What a disaster this season is turning out to be for Jumbo LAB. Vingegaard still a doubt for the TDF, with sources suggesting it'll be another fortnight before they decide if he's going - the race starts in 3 weeks.

van Aert obviously is still a doubt after his big crash at Dwars door Vlaanderen.

van Baarle and Kruijswijk almost certainly out of the TDF.

Kuss doesn't look like he's in form at all at this race either.

It really looks like the TDF will be Pogacar's to throw away, unless his efforts in the classics/Giro catch up to him.

Wasn’t so much a pile up, as mass skid. Roads they were on took a smattering of rain & turned into skid pans. We’re crashes all day & peloton front were indicating caution all day.

• 2 weeks later...

Young Scot Oscar Onley showing up really well in the Tour de Suisse. Right up there every day in the GC. Not sure if he'll be selected for Le Tour.

Buzzing for le grand départ tomorrow. Got the potential to be a classic Tour, let's hope it is. 

Personally I'd like to see a Slovenian winner and Remco to make a big mark. Worst case for me would be another comfortable Vingegaard win.

I'd also rather Cav didn't break the Cannibal's record - I like the fact they are tied on most wins together.

I'll be in the French Alps for ten days during the race, although not close enough to any stage to realistically see one. I will, however, be cycling up the climb on which we watched G first take yellow in 2018, so looking forward (sort of) to that.

2 hours ago, stanton said:

This is an absolutely brutal start , especially with the weather today, Cav struggling on the climb 

He was spotted being sick earlier, they think he has a stomach bug.

27 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

He was spotted being sick earlier, they think he has a stomach bug.

Seems to have gone through the team, can’t be easy in that heat when you are not 100% , hopefully he’ll manage to limp home inside the cut off time 

7 hours ago, stanton said:

Cav finished inside the time limit with his team around him 

They kept saying it would be between 10% to 20 % depending on factors, I can’t see the factors stated, these rules need to be more visible.

Always remember the year he missed the time along with the bus and they stripped him of points and Sagan got the green

8 hours ago, Clangers said:

They kept saying it would be between 10% to 20 % depending on factors, I can’t see the factors stated, these rules need to be more visible.

Always remember the year he missed the time along with the bus and they stripped him of points and Sagan got the green

From memory they give more leeway when there is a lot of climbing and/or the weather is bad. I think they are deliberately vague so they can bend the rules to suit so they don't have to cut a lot of riders for missing the time on any given day.

Edited by peasy23

On 29/06/2024 at 09:39, Salvo Montalbano said:

Hard to see beyond Pogacar if he stays on the bike and covid free. Would like Roglic to do it but can't see him beating his Slovenian rival. 

He’s just had a bout of covid. Not apparently bad, but any effect may have an impact on his performance.