Gigs

pilsner_ffc

On 27/05/2023 at 23:52, Craig fae the Vale said:

Wasn't feeling sitting in by myself while the wife was out tonight, so took myself to the DogHouse in Balloch to watch Kong, a Glasgow based classic rock cover band.

Very talented, great range of songs, will be looking out for them playing in the area again.

20230527_230110.jpg

I was there too, they were excellent... was it them who played "Run Like Hell" by Pink Floyd?  Can't quite remember if it was them or the band in the Tullie - I was fair scooped.

2 hours ago, Coldo said:

I was there too, they were excellent... was it them who played "Run Like Hell" by Pink Floyd?  Can't quite remember if it was them or the band in the Tullie - I was fair scooped.

They didn't do that one while I was there, but I left a out 11.30 and they were still on, so they might have done.

Last minute decision from Mrs Empty to go see Bruce tonight, not really the biggest fan but him and the band were excellent, the crowd were also very good.

15 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

That was simply outstanding tonight. 73 year old FFS. 3 hours of total entertainment and brilliant music. Blown away

Came onto post pretty much exactly that. 3 hours and he barely stopped for a breath. 

On 30/05/2023 at 10:09, Craig fae the Vale said:

Hope everyone heading to Springsteen tonight has a great time. Gutted not to be able to go this time round.

Was absolutely epic. The whole band must be made of Iron to play like that for 3 hours every 2and night for months. The YouTube clips I had watched of earlier gigs in the tour had me slightly concerned about his voice but it was utterly astonishing for 73yo. The near hour long greatest hits encore was superb. Still buzzing in my hotel room this morning. 

Stunning from Bruce & The E Street Band, but if I’m being picky, could have ditched a couple of songs in the middle of the set for any number of his others. Just my opinion, but the ‘Nightshift’ cover I could have done without. Provided a good moment in the set for a lavvy break though. It’s a bit of a pet hate of mine when artists with such a strong catalogue lose one of their own songs and play a dull cover. Heart, for example, pretty much turn their entire final thirty minutes into a Led Zeppelin tribute band show.

Being pernickety with Bruce though. May be the last time we get to see them live on a huge global tour ever again. If it is, then personally, I could have done without ‘Nightshift’ and ‘Kitty’s Back’. Opinions, opinions. 😃

32 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Stunning from Bruce & The E Street Band, but if I’m being picky, could have ditched a couple of songs in the middle of the set for any number of his others. Just my opinion, but the ‘Nightshift’ cover I could have done without. Provided a good moment in the set for a lavvy break though. It’s a bit of a pet hate of mine when artists with such a strong catalogue lose one of their own songs and play a dull cover. Heart, for example, pretty much turn their entire final thirty minutes into a Led Zeppelin tribute band show.

Being pernickety with Bruce though. May be the last time we get to see them live on a huge global tour ever again. If it is, then personally, I could have done without ‘Nightshift’ and ‘Kitty’s Back’. Opinions, opinions. 😃

Aye agree. We pretty much knew the set list in advance. Would have loved I'm on Fire live. Wife was hoping for an impromptu Waiting on a Sunny Day given the glorious weather but it's being mega picky.

I was there last night too, my Christmas present from the Mrs. Fantastic show which flew by despite the near 3 hours.

I'm not hugely familiar with much of Springsteen's back catalogue other than the well-known hits, but I enjoyed it all with a highlight being Death To My Hometown which was one I didn't know.

Fair play to The Boss, still full of energy at 73. Great performance.