Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Spanish Love Songs and Hot Mulligan for me this Sunday at SWG3. 

Wee trip to Dockyard Social before listening to some Midwest Emo, is there a better way to spend a Sunday evening? 

Also, for those that check setlists prior to gigs - the Spanish Love Songs setlist is 🤌

Got a mate who is at the Hot Mulligan show in Leeds tonight saying someone jumped off a balcony towards the end of the set. 

Venue has been evacuated and paramedics rushed in. Hope the person is OK and the bands aren't too spooked by it. 

Spanish Love Songs were handing out flyers tonight with a presale code for their headline show in January. Nice to see a band looking after their fans like that. Tickets duly purchased in the queue. Now firmly in the crowd waiting for their set. Atmosphere feels good in here tonight, looking forward to a great show 

Sunday night with Hot Mulligan and Spanish Love Songs. 

Sold out and a fantastic atmosphere and crowd to go along with the excellent songs. Hot Mulligan very good, but Spanish Love Songs on another level. When a band can open with a song as good as Routine Pain and the quality not to drop once, you know you've got a special band.

The bar queue between bands was absolutely insane, never seen anything like it. Missed the first half of Hot Mulligan's first song while I was eventually getting served.

20230903_212951.jpg

20230903_195450.jpg

Absolutely loved Spanish Love Songs and can't wait to see them live on their own headliner. Thought they were flawless. 

Hot Mulligan weren't really for me but they got the crowd going so looked like fun. 

My first time in Galvinzers for a gig and I loved it, thought it was an excellent venue.

12 hours ago, Accies1 said:

Absolutely loved Spanish Love Songs and can't wait to see them live on their own headliner. Thought they were flawless. 

Hot Mulligan weren't really for me but they got the crowd going so looked like fun. 

My first time in Galvinzers for a gig and I loved it, thought it was an excellent venue.

I'm already looking forward the the SLS headline show, they were so so good last night.

Galvanisers is a great venue, thought the sound quality was superb all night. I'm a big fan of the whole SWG3 complex for gigs, it's a fantastic place to watch live music.

Got Crocodiles at Broadcast coming up this Wednesday. Really enjoyed their latest album, think it should be a good show. Two local bands in support, I imagine I'll go early and check them out.

On 03/09/2023 at 22:57, Craig fae the Vale said:

Sunday night with Hot Mulligan and Spanish Love Songs. 

Sold out and a fantastic atmosphere and crowd to go along with the excellent songs. Hot Mulligan very good, but Spanish Love Songs on another level. When a band can open with a song as good as Routine Pain and the quality not to drop once, you know you've got a special band.

The bar queue between bands was absolutely insane, never seen anything like it. Missed the first half of Hot Mulligan's first song while I was eventually getting served.

Yeah I'd never seen anything like it either. Might be because I got in just as Spanish Love Songs were starting but the venue oddly felt more packed for them than it did for Hot Mulligan. I nipped to the bar just as Spanish Love Songs finished and it was dead, by the time I got back 2/3 of the crowd had left to go to the bar. Agree that Spanish Love Songs were the best band on the night though, great stuff.

On 02/09/2023 at 05:16, Craig fae the Vale said:

Left the gig after Big Girl's Blouse as we were in danger of passing put. BGB were bloody superb though and enjoyed The Bleeders as well.

20230901_210329.jpg

Had never heard of BGB until I saw your post and their EP has pretty much been all I've listened to since. Belting stuff! Cheers for the recommendation.

3 hours ago, MSU said:

Had never heard of BGB until I saw your post and their EP has pretty much been all I've listened to since. Belting stuff! Cheers for the recommendation.

They are absolutely tremendous. Superb live as well, not that you're likely to get the chance to see them in Michigan! Hopefully have another EP out early next year by the sounds of it.

2 hours ago, George Parr said:

I caught SLS just prior to Covid, when they supported the Menzingers at QMU. They were sensational that night, and so the Garage gig in January is an essential purchase.

I really, really wish I'd been at that gig, it would have been something to behold. I got SLS tickets for January in the presale, so don't have to worry about getting them tomorrow thankfully. It will be a stunning night, and hopefully they'll bring someone good along in support.

Got tickets for Arab Strap doing the 25th anniversary tour of Philophobia for Glasgow in December. The reviews of the shows down south were exceptional, so should be a good night.

On 01/09/2023 at 11:50, Bogbrush1903 said:

I didn't know this thread existed.

I'm missing the Aberdeen v Hibs game on Sunday to attend the first (I think) Edinburgh Psych Fest at Summerhall, although the line-up isn't particularly Psych but looking forward to seeing Ulrika Spacek (who I just missed in Brussels in June because th bus driver from Paris decided to make a 45 minute break after traffic congestion), and TVAM.

Anyone else attending?

I did book tickets as Bodega is one of the best live bands I've watched and also a massive fan of bdrmm. Sadly I made the wrong choice and watched the Hibs match!

8 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Got tickets for Arab Strap doing the 25th anniversary tour of Philophobia for Glasgow in December. The reviews of the shows down south were exceptional, so should be a good night.

Thanks for the heads up with the tour, sadly Aberdeen are playing Killie the night they are playing in Aberdeen - Edinburgh it is!

17 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Thanks for the heads up with the tour, sadly Aberdeen are playing Killie the night they are playing in Aberdeen - Edinburgh it is!

Aye, good that there's a variety of venues you can go to if you can't make one. I thought about possibly Stirling, but Glasgow on a Saturday night is an absolute no-brainer of a decision. Now to see if I can convince the Mrs to get the train! 🤣

Gigs this month:

Tuesday 19th - Public Image Ltd (Beach Ballroom)
Friday 22nd - Hak Baker (Saint Luke's) - hopefully get back from Frankfurt for this one! 
Saturday 23rd - Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs (QMU)
Sunday 24th - The National (Hydro) - going to be difficult watching Aberdeen sober and then drive to Glasgow!
Monday 25th - PJ Harvey (Barrowland)

Edited by betting competition

Another superlative weekend at End of the Road.

Favourite sets: Deerhoof, Fat Dog, Bodega, Yeule, Mabe Fratti, They Hate Change, The Courettes, Charlotte Adigery & Bolis Pupul, Teke::Teke, Panic Shack.

12 hours ago, betting competition said:

I did book tickets as Bodega is one of the best live bands I've watched and also a massive fan of bdrmm. Sadly I made the wrong choice and watched the Hibs match!

I saw bdrmm, who were decent but I chose Ulrika Spacek instead of Bodega because I missed them when they played Brussels. Probably wasn't the correct choice but I was treated to brilliant Mimi Pretend as the last tune...

Good to read a fellow red with a good taste in music @betting competition

Edited by Bogbrush1903