Gigs

pilsner_ffc

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone been to King Tuts before?

Going on Wednesday to see The Wonder Year and want to know what is Tuts like?

Tiny, the gig I was at didn't even have a barrier, but I think most gigs will. Really low ceiling too. Cracking wee intimate venue.

Will be playing there in November, which I am very excited about.

Excellent as always :D

Yeah, it was fantastic. Nearly wet myself when they "finished" with If. Where were you standing? We ended up staying close the the bar. My wife was going mental 'cos people basically just stood in front of her and started bouncing regardless of the fact she is nearly 9 months pregnant. We chose to stand well back for that very reason.

I got a few videos, including the croud singing along to If when they went off stage, I'll need to get it up on Youtube.

Yeah, it was fantastic. Nearly wet myself when they "finished" with If. Where were you standing? We ended up staying close the the bar. My wife was going mental 'cos people basically just stood in front of her and started bouncing regardless of the fact she is nearly 9 months pregnant. We chose to stand well back for that very reason.

I got a few videos, including the croud singing along to If when they went off stage, I'll need to get it up on Youtube.

We stood up at the bar as well, just next to the stairs down to the dancefloor. There was a lassie just over to our left that was well endowed in the funbag department that I was convinced was going to have her eyes out during a couple of the songs.

If that was the wife I apologise, btw

We stood up at the bar as well, just next to the stairs down to the dancefloor. There was a lassie just over to our left that was well endowed in the funbag department that I was convinced was going to have her eyes out during a couple of the songs.

:lol:

Nah, we were in the middle, beside a bloke that had the worst perm/afro/Pat Sharpe do I've ever seen.

It was probably one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Whilst the Oran Mor one in December had less folk there, this one was just fantastic. I was proper gutted when they left the stage after the first oncore, only for them to come back.

I wonder how long it will take for a tribute band to come along? I'll be there!

Be fair, I never complained that people were bouncing about. It was a gig, it's expected. What annoyed me was the fact that I was clearly needing a large space in front of me to fit my bump in as well as actually being able to see the stage and folk 6ft tall and more kept fecking standing directly in front of me. Arseholes.

I doubt it would have been me. I'm rather hard to miss!

Be fair, I never complained that people were bouncing about. It was a gig, it's expected. What annoyed me was the fact that I was clearly needing a large space in front of me to fit my bump in as well as actually being able to see the stage and folk 6ft tall and more kept fecking standing directly in front of me. Arseholes.

I doubt it would have been me. I'm rather hard to miss!

I know what you mean, although being over 6 foot myself, i'm always conscious about blocking someones view at gigs, then some 7 foot twat will squeeze past and stand right in front of me :angry: Edited by Rattle and Roll

Anyone been to King Tuts before?

Going on Wednesday to see The Wonder Year and want to know what is Tuts like?

Aye. Its a cracking wee venue. Only has a capacity of 300 or so (i think) and when its sold out, the atmosphere is brilliant.