Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Stereophonics on Friday. Generally indifferent to them. Some nice enough tunes but don't really know enough to hold an educated opinion. Only going as got comps.

I'm not a massive fan, I like plenty early tunes though, but went along to catch them at T few years ago. They were fantastic, Jones is a top front man. Don't go expecting anything and if they play enough early songs, you'll have plenty fun.

When did folk going to the Hydro receive their tickets? I bought tickets in May for a show on 1/12/13 and I still haven't received them. I've been to hundreds of gigs but this is the latest I've ever had to wait on tix.

Peter Gabriel tickets were only sent out a couple of weeks before the show.

When did folk going to the Hydro receive their tickets? I bought tickets in May for a show on 1/12/13 and I still haven't received them. I've been to hundreds of gigs but this is the latest I've ever had to wait on tix.

I'm going to see Queens of the Stone Age next Saturday 16/11, and still no sign of tickets!

Depeche Mode last night were absolutely immense. Outstanding gig. Dunno about the new venue though; I’d say an arena where you’re hearing what comes from the stage bounce from the back wall and echo behind you fuzzing up what you’re hearing from the stage is not one with good acoustics, no matter how clear the sound may be.

Depeche Mode last night were absolutely immense. Outstanding gig. Dunno about the new venue though; I’d say an arena where you’re hearing what comes from the stage bounce from the back wall and echo behind you fuzzing up what you’re hearing from the stage is not one with good acoustics, no matter how clear the sound may be.

Third time I've been there already, and the acoustics seemed acceptable for Alterbridge and Peter Gabriel, but aye, last night the sound just seemed to be echoing around the place and it made some numbers sound a bit of a mess. Detracted from it somewhat for me, although on the whole an enjoyable affair. Having not looked at what they'd been playing beforehand I definitely wasn't expecting JCGE, although clearly at least one audience member had been looking at setlists... Dave should be on the next series of Strictly with those twirls.

Bryan Ferry tomorrow, Reflektors Friday...

Third time I've been there already, and the acoustics seemed acceptable for Alterbridge and Peter Gabriel, but aye, last night the sound just seemed to be echoing around the place and it made some numbers sound a bit of a mess. Detracted from it somewhat for me, although on the whole an enjoyable affair. Having not looked at what they'd been playing beforehand I definitely wasn't expecting JCGE, although clearly at least one audience member had been looking at setlists... Dave should be on the next series of Strictly with those twirls.

Bryan Ferry tomorrow, Reflektors Friday...

I was at the PG gig & the sound was fine. Dunno what happened last night and yes, it was a distraction. That aside, though, thoroughly enjoyed it. I did actually expect Just Can't Get Enough; it's about the only staple from the Vince Clarke days. Walking in My Shoes was a particular highlight as well as Personal Jesus, Enjoy the Silence, I Feel You & Black Celebration.

As for Dave, I reckon he just wants to be left alone every now & then to shag himself. :)

Attended Mott The Hoople this evening in place of my old man who couldn't make it, thought they were excellent.

Took the burd who had never even heard of them and she also thoroughly enjoyed it. Hard to believe that Ian Hunter is 74, looking grand for his age and still has a very decent voice.

Attended Mott The Hoople this evening in place of my old man who couldn't make it, thought they were excellent.

Took the burd who had never even heard of them and she also thoroughly enjoyed it. Hard to believe that Ian Hunter is 74, looking grand for his age and still has a very decent voice.

They were indeed. I was worried beforehand in case they were sh1te and ruined all my fond memories of the band, but they were truly superb. The finale was exhilarating.