Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Got tickets for the Foo Fighters in Edinburgh in a week or two.

Dave Grohl breaks his leg last night.

Now the panicky wait to see if it gets cancelled.

They're meant to be playing in the Netherlands tomorrow so we'll find out what's happening then I imagine. I've seen videos of the show and fall in Sweden, he looks like he's in a lot of discomfort and pain during the show and his fall looks like a sore one.

Imo, they should postpone the show. I've seen them four times and Dave's energy and running about is part of what makes it a great live show. There's only so much the music can do when the lead singer is having to sit down and stay in the same spot. I think it will go ahead though - if he wanted to soldier on and finish the show he'll probably want to finish the tour but that probably isn't what is best for his leg.

Eta: just cancelled their Netherlands show tomorrow and Switzerland show on the 16th.

Edited by ListerRRFC

Saw them in Dundee three or four years ago and they were very good.

Not a patch on the glory days of course, still got the bruises from those two Barras gigs on the Arise tour.

Maybe see you there, as my Mrs is making noises about going to see them actually, must be my striking likeness to Andreas Kisser that does it for her...

Yes - Andreas Kisser is still a king of fast and brutal riffs, and despite no Max or Igor, Sepultura are still a decent band with an absolute f**ker of a back catalogue of tunes to pick from.

Beneath the Remains - What a tune and what an album!

Wouldn't it be a bit like going to see Oasis without the Gallaghers though?

I haven't really kept up with Sepultura since Max left to be honest, might check them out now though.

Cancelled 2 gigs so far. Worried now. Only big band outwith aerosmith that i really need to see.

I'm delighted they cancelled. The gig was in St Gallen which is horrendous to get home from, especially late on a weeknight.

Hopefully reschedule for Zurich or play at the weekend.