Gigs

pilsner_ffc

8 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Imagine Dragons any good live? Tempted but might give it a miss.

I seen them live when they were touring their last album, I went in only really knowing their main songs (Radioactive, It's Time, Shots) but they were good live, especially with those songs. 

Barns Courtney at the Voodoo Rooms tonight, Sparks tomorrow night at the Queens Hall, L.A. Witch at Mono on Thursday, and Mr Jukes at Saint Luke's on Friday.

Anyone know roughly what time the headliners normally come on at the Voodoo Rooms? Never been there before.

The Libertines were brilliant on Sunday. Thought Pete would be in a bad way again but he just seemed a bit pished as opposed to being out his tits on smack. Pretty classy of them to let that boy on the stage at the end too. 

9 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

Has there ever been a gig in the Hydro where tickets weren't extortionate? £85 for 2 Imagine Dragons tickets.

Pretty sure I paid that for price each for Fleetwood Mac a couple of years ago. Libertines were £45 I'm sure, that's certainly the cheapest gig I've been to at the Hydro. 

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:

52f9db50077c25f74a0dea7ba6abf72a.jpg

The Rolling Stones in Zurich last night. Outstanding.

I was there as well. They took a bit of time(Sympathy for the Devil and It's Only Rock n Roll they were all out of time with each other) to warm up and the sound set up was fucking horrendous, not sure what went wrong there. Jagger was outstanding and the atmosphere tremendous though.

Edited by Ross.

Off to see JAMC tomorrow night at ABC. Tour has been getting good reviews thus far and looks like a top set list.

Generally, I don't bother much with the support act but heard good things about The Van T's so will probably drag myself out of Wetherspoons a bit earlier than usual to catch them.

JAMC were absolutely magnificent last night. A band on top of their game and clearly enjoying themselves. The Reid brothers are famously dour but last night Jim kept thanking the audience & even cracked a joke.

They played quite a few from the recent album, 6 in all, and they were all well received.

Highlights of the set for me were All things pass & War on peace from new album, extended Reverence, Some Candy Talking & Darklands. 

20170923_215743.jpg