Gigs

pilsner_ffc

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Went to see Paul Simon at the Hydro last night who was top notch.

Managed to secure a brief for McCartney at the Hydro in December this morning - I'd go as far as saying this is the most I've ever looked forward to seeing someone live.

Did you get on the presale list then? I registered about five minutes after it opened and never got on it. Have to take my chances next week I guess

Did you get on the presale list then? I registered about five minutes after it opened and never got on it. Have to take my chances next week I guess
I never but my mate did, it was a bit of a farce tbh. Me and 2 of my mates had to take 3 seats sitting seperately cause there was nothing else. We could've waited until Monday but didn't want to risk missing out completely.

140 quid for anything below the top section it appears... or 480 if you fancy front row hospitality.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I never but my mate did, it was a bit of a farce tbh. Me and 2 of my mates had to take 3 seats sitting seperately cause there was nothing else. We could've waited until Monday but didn't want to risk missing out completely.

140 quid for anything below the top section it appears... or 480 if you fancy front row hospitality.

The VIP tickets are outrageously priced. McCartney always has been good at fleecing his fans. Still I'll be sat by my computer at 10.00am on Monday

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Managed to secure a brief for McCartney at the Hydro in December this morning - I'd go as far as saying this is the most I've ever looked forward to seeing someone live.

Mods, please!

Or perhaps: Beaks, please!

McCartney's great.  Three hour set, two hours of Beatles songs, a break for some John songs, a break for some George songs, and nothing from Wings or the Frog Chorus.  

Could think of much worse ways to spend an evening than spend three hours listening to Paul McCartney doing Beatles. Could also think of much worse ways to spend a shitload of money.

EDIT: No Wings stuff? Isn't Jet a mainstay in his sets?

Edited by Mayor Wilkins III

In work at 9:02 this morning on the Frabbit Phone, desperately trying to get a We Were Promised Jetpacks ticket. Flicking between the app and the website, which has since been redesigned for mobile to make it actually possible to use. Finally made it. Had a look there on a whim and they're still available. FFS.

On 7/12/2018 at 12:57, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

First, and probably only time, I have sen Paul Simon live, and what a fabulous night and concert.

Yes, his voice is not as good as it was 20/30 years ago, but he was magnificent, ably supported by a fabulous backing band/singers.     A great set by him, virtually identical to his concert the night before in Manchester, and he really engaged the audience well.

Brilliant night made even better knowing Croatia were beating England as well.